“The most beautiful spot on the Island! I can't wait to go back!”

The Lodge at Weirs Beach
Victoria, Canada
“The most beautiful spot on the Island! I can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I would highly recommend this absolutely gorgeous retreat space. It's right by the beach, with beautiful ocean views and gardens, and a lovely yoga/meditation room. Marg, who runs the place, is so welcoming and warm and will make you feel right at home. You won't want to leave! - Chloe Oliver

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
MargLachmuth, Owner at The Lodge at Weirs Beach, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments! We try to do our renos and maintenance during off season, but sometimes we need the warm sunny days of summer and thus avoid the rain! Thank you for your understanding - the construction is complete, and once again the venue is very peaceful. I hope that you can return to experience the changes!

Sincerely, Marg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I was so impressed with this lovely BB. On the Saturday morning my friend and I woke up and attended the yoga class that was offered it was the perfect activity to set the day! The Lodge has a full kitchen, BBQ, amazing ocean views and a hot tub that faces the beach. This BB is Victoria’s best kept secret. Make sure you book early!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Funky_gurl5
vancouver
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This is a beautiful peaceful lodge/ guest house, offering just a few rooms, which makes it intimate.

Full kitchen facilities is a bonus if you like to bring your own food an cook. The jacuzzi outside overlooking the ocean is a great highlight, as is the beach just at the foot of the house.

Marg, the owner, is a wonderful person, kind and generous. She lives right next door, but not within the same lodge, so you get your own space.

Cozy with several fireplaces, large TV and nice country style decor.

We also took one of Marg's yoga classes and it was wonderful.
I highly recommend staying here if you are looking for a relaxing getaway.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Weir's Beach Lodge was an amazing venue for my wedding in August 2010. Marg (the owner) answered any questions I had regarding the lodge -which were many because I was planning the wedding all the way from Australia.

The lodge is stunning, and the website description and photos are accurate. What you see is what you get, and it's amazing:)

I received nothing but fantastic feedback from all my guests about the lodge - many said they would love to return there in the future for their own holidays, which shows that it didn't only grab my attention but touched many.

As mentioned before, Marg was a great help before and after the wedding. She even helped drive home some of the wedding guests who missed the shuttle bus, which is unheard of at any B&B's I have stayed at before. She goes above and beyond a typical owner and deserves all the high recommendations people give her. I wish her all the best for the future and I hope to return there for a visit soon.

Megan and Andrew Shaw

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank MeganShaw
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Our Storytellers Guild was privileged to stay at "The Lodge" for our annual retreat this year. We all had a wonderful, nourishing time in this paradise. Great place for telling stories but also for simply everything. We would love to return next year.
Thanks for your courage in saying "YES"

Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Zoe113037
Cheshire
Reviewed June 16, 2010

My wife and I spent 2 nights here and it was the perfect place to conclude our 23-night tour across Canada!

I'd read all the reviews, including the 1-star one right at the start, before deciding to give this place a try. All I can say is......take note of all the good reviews and discount the first one as the rantings of a sad, bitter man!

The place is just gorgeous, with lots of space and facilities, together with a fantastic atmostphere. Although we were booked into the Sandpiper Room, we were given the more expensive Copper Moon as this was not being used - a nice touch!

Room: This was enormous and beautifully decorated/furnished. The views out onto the Pacific and Victoria were just gorgeous. An added bonus was the sun terrace that was available to use. One thing that we did find odd was the glass-panelled door into bathroom and would certainly have preferred a more traditional solid door for privacy!

Location: Right on the seafront with fantastic views. Easy access to beach, although cannot walk that far in either direction. The distance from Victoria was about a 30 minute drive and it is about 20 minutes away from Sooke. Not many eating places very close by, however, the one that is (My Chosen Cafe) is just 5 minutes down the road and is really excellent

Host: Marg could not have been more welcoming or helpful. She has created a really special place, here, and should be very proud

Breakfast: Marg takes great pride in producing the superb breakfasts that she does. Very imaginative and healthy - a great way to start the day!

Would I recommend people to stay here - 100% YES!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MysteryMan_9
Victoria BC
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Periodically we are holding workshops and seminars at the Lodge. The Lodge and its surrounding inspire peace, quiet and favored meditation, the slow, rhythmic sound of the ocean in the background allow for deep, inspiring thoughts. Perfect setting for what we are aiming to achieve.
Thank you Marg for making the Lodge a place for reflection and personal growth.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank m0relife
margVictoriaBC, owner at The Lodge at Weirs Beach, responded to this review, February 9, 2010
Thank you so much for y our review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay - you are always welcome back!!

Namaste,
Marg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victoria
Olympic Lodge
Fairfield
Abigail's Hotel
Abigail's Hotel
#1 of 49 in Victoria

Been to The Lodge at Weirs Beach? Share your experiences!