“Great Food and Great Service!”
Review of Giovanni's Tapas and Fine Food - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Giovanni's Tapas and Fine Food
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed September 4, 2012

After being recommended by someone else, we thought we'd give this local restaurant a try. We were not disappointed! The food was outstanding! A very unique menu, but there is something for all. The portions are very generous and the prices are reasonable. The service was excellent as well. We went over the weekend with some good friends and found ourselves pausing several times throughout the meal to comment how much we were enjoying our food. We will definitely be back.

2  Thank Danielle C

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Went to Giovanni's for my Wife's birthday with two good friends after a recommendation. We could not have been happier - the service was great, the wine was good and the food, where do I start. I had the soup to start, followed by the sole and it was so good I'm lost for words. To have food this good within walking distance is amazing. Don't let the fact that Giovanni's is tucked away in a small strip mall fool you - this food is good, very, very good!!

3  Thank SteveH250
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had heard good things and were not disappointed - very unique and varied menu - terrific service, delicious food and good value - easy to miss location but well worth going !

2  Thank SeamusVictoria
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have eaten at Giovanni's on five different occasions (lunches and dinner with more still to come). The restaurant itself is in a small strip mall and there is nothing on the exterior to suggest the culinary experience inside will be superb. The bland, unimposing exterior is truly deceptive because the food inside is very very good.

Recently I had the Herb Striploin Tapa with white wine, crab and cream sauce. Tender strips of beef loin cooked to a medium rare are placed atop small roasted sweet pepper strips and onion, all of this in turn resting on a house-made potato patty. Just the right amount of crab/wine/cream sauce bathes and surrounds the dish.

Today I had lunch with five other people and, when I described the Herb Striploin Tapa, all five chose to try it. I noticed that when the meal was over, every plate looked as if it had been licked clean by the family pooch.

The menu includes seafood, pastas, meats-all with a mediterranean touch. There are daily specials, soups and crisp, tasty salads made from locally sourced ingredients. The dressings are house made and just the right amount is used to highlight the taste of the fresh vegetables.

This unassuming restaurant is not pretentious and serves good, fresh, tasty food that is filling and leaves a happy palate. It is not Michelin 3 star but it is several notches above many restaurants that claim to offer gourmet food. The prices are very reasonable, the staff is attentive and helpful but none of them aspire to become your next best friend.There is a formality but no stiffness nor that annoying hauteur found in some"classy joints."

Excellent food, excellent service, excellent value.

6  Thank phudee
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I had lunch here with a friend, and we both came away impressed. It was quiet with fewer than half the table occupied, so our server had lots of time to attend to us. I had canelloni stuffed with shrimp and chorizo sausage and covered in a light alfredo sauce which was terrific. My friend had a vegetarian sandwich on flatbread which he pronounced as very good, and he tends to be difficult to please. Try this place, it's great, I'll be back for dinner.

5  Thank Dougi1