“Excellent meal, I'll certainly go again”
Review of Giovanni's Tapas and Fine Food - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Giovanni's Tapas and Fine Food
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Victoria, BC
“Excellent meal, I'll certainly go again”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I had lunch here with a friend, and we both came away impressed. It was quiet with fewer than half the table occupied, so our server had lots of time to attend to us. I had canelloni stuffed with shrimp and chorizo sausage and covered in a light alfredo sauce which was terrific. My friend had a vegetarian sandwich on flatbread which he pronounced as very good, and he tends to be difficult to please. Try this place, it's great, I'll be back for dinner.

• Visited March 2012
5 Thank Dougi1

Victoria, Canada
“Well priced food”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband and I had dinner with another couple here tonight. We wanted to try out this new restaurant which I understand has only been open for two months now. The menu is fairly small yet provided more than enough choices especially as there were a few specials. The food is fresh and tasty for the most part but I wouldn't consider this gourmet food. I do think however that the restaurant provides a pretty close facsimile to fine dining at a very reasonable price. Even the wines they have are cheaper but excellent value wines. The service was very professional and the atmosphere very pleasant. No doubt they will be busier the next time we visit

• Visited December 2011
5 Thank sixtysix66_66_66
Sidney, Canada
“Imaginative, well priced and excellent food”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

In January, we were in Giovanni's three times with various walking groups we belong to. Everyone raved about the quality of the food and were impressed with how well-priced the food was. The chef makes great soups fresh every day and the menu is an interesting and imaginative mixture of Mediterranean-themed dishes. Not a particularly extensive menu but everything we had was first class (I think the chef prefers focus on a few things of high quality). A stand out for me on our last visit was the antipasto dish - all the dips and sauces were freshly made on the premises and the cheeses and salamis were excellent. This dish stood shoulder to shoulder with the best ones I've had in Europe. We shall return!

• Visited January 2012