“same restaurant?” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Tropical Island Restaurant
Ranked #135 of 1,177 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Tropical Island Restaurant is a Malaysian, Thai, Singapore and Chinese Fusion of Culinary Art full of surprises served to Perfection from our Chef and Owner. Free delivery within 5km for orders over $25. Cash or Credit Cards only.
Roblin, Canada
“same restaurant?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have a hard time understanding how this restaurant has such amazing reviews. I ate here BECAUSE of the reviews I read, and I'm not overly fussy, just honest. We ordered a large variety of dishes and the only one I enjoyed was the deep fried milk for dessert. Well the tropical beef was ok as well, but a bit too greasy for me. My boyfriend didn't enjoy it either.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kyla E

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Port McNeill, Canada
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Whenever I am in Victoria I dine at Tropical Island. Last week I ate there four nights in a row. The food is so flavourful and there are many different tastes to try.
I love the young coconut curry stew, the seafood teppan and the vegetables with cashews. The staff is friendly and the owner, Pius does all of the cooking and he really takes pride in his food.
I would highly recommend it- also the dishes are very fresh and healthy tasting!!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank canadianfamily46
Yu R, Customer Service Manager at The Tropical Island Restaurant, responded to this review, December 12, 2016
Thank you so much canadianfamily46 for your nice review and being a loyal customer. Our team will keep working hard on our service and food. It is our pleasure to serve you.
Victoria, Canada
“wide range of asian dishes; average food but a place I'll try again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Tropical Island restaurant has a wide array of Asian dishes to choose from. In addition, we were told of 3 specials including pad thai, which another server later said was available each day. The dishes we ordered were good,large servings but nothing special. My green seafood curry was hot and had loads of vegetables, scallops and prawns -more than most places. I was disappointed that the sauce wasn't thicker. We were there on a Friday evening and it was busy. I'd be interested in trying some other items in the future.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Brenda P
Victoria, Canada
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have ordered take out several times and have never been disappointed. We have also dined in one time. The food is reasonably priced, fresh and very tasty. I recommend the chicken vegetable noodle dish, the roti can'ai, tropical beef and sambal green beans. Writing this review is making me hungry!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Einsteincat
Thank you Einsteincat for your nice review. We are glad to know you enjoyed our dishes. We are looking forward to see you in soon.
Port McNeill, Canada
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a great restaurant, lots of different flavourful dishes. Staff are friendly and helpful. The seafood teppan is delicious as are the vegetables with cashews. The coconut chicken is also delicious but you need to really love coconut. I eat here whenever I can.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank canadianfamily46
Thank you canadianfamily46 for your review. We are so happy to know you loved our food and service. If you are a coconut lover, you should try our chef recommended Coconut Seafood Fried Rice.