“good food” 3 of 5 bubbles

Amrikkos Tadka Lounge
Ranked #410 of 1,177 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are Open 7 Days a week from Sunday to Thursday 11:00 am to 3 pm then we open at 4:00pm and close at 9:00 pm Friday and Saturday 11:00am to 3 pm then we open at 4:00pm and close at 10:00 pm Lunch Buffet All 7 Days 11:30 am to 3 pm
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
“good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my first time to an Indian place. I found that the food was good but the service was a little slow

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Barinder S, Manager at Amrikkos Tadka Lounge, responded to this review, September 5, 2015
Dear Tara N,

Thank you so much for such motivating words and we strive towards offering even better services.

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Victoria's Best Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Amrikko's has great Indian food that keeps me coming back. The restaurant has a simple atmosphere and service is good. What really sets them apart is their food. If you like the depth of flavour of a good Indian dish, you can find it here. Unlike some places where you can hardly tell the difference between sauces in different dishes, here you will easily taste the delicious variety and uniqueness that each dish offers. Often I will make a special trip just to get the take out from Amrikko's and dine-in or take out, it is never a disappointment.

• Visited April 2013
Dear PacificIslander,

Victoria, Canada
“dancing gypsies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was not excited about it from the moment we pulled in the parking lot. it looks like a deserted cheap brown cube with little up-keep done. Inside it is dark and gloomy, not very inviting, and not pleasant for kids.

We sat down at our unstable table and waited. We were seated by the kitchen "doors" and by that I mean the rags that hang in front of their dirty kitchen full of teenage employees playing around.

I ordered the Butter Chicken and naan bread. It literally took an hour. When I tried it I was very disappointed. It tasted sour and the sauce had a thick layer of orange-ish oil on top.

A while into the meal they "released" the gypsy..

They called it a "belly dancer" but I mean come on. She danced around the entire restaurant and its not very pleasant.

This may seem like a harsh review but think about it. my experience was sitting in a dark uncomfortable area eating greasy Indian food while some lady dances in front of me for 5 minutes. Very very uncomfortable and annoying. The entire time all I could think about was leaving and that's why I would never recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Barinder S, General Manager at Amrikkos Tadka Lounge, responded to this review, July 24, 2015
Sir rat_hOle

We appreciate your time. We understand that many customer's do not like belly dancer, but many people ask for them too.

We would like to mention that Butter Chicken curry is orange in color as it is a combination of red tomato paste and whipped cream. No oil but unsalted butter is used in it, I apologize that your food was greasy and your experience was terrible.

The management of Amrikko's has been changed dated July 2015. Consider revisiting us and give us opportunity to serve you and make your experience a memorable one.

Thank you for your review.

Management
Amrikko's Victoria
Victoria, Canada
“You don't go here for the ambiance but................”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

You don't go here for the ambiance but the food was good and the service first class. The starters (Amriko's plate, I think) were excellent, as was my beef vindaloo. Tender and tasty. My wife's chicken curry was somewhat hotter than the medium she ordered and expected (some don't like it hot).

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear yonze,

Edmonton
“Delicious food and quick service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

My headline says it all, plus it was overall good value. My 4-year-old daughter and I shared Paneer Pakora ($8), Butter Chicken ($12) and Rice ($3). It was enough to eat, plus leftovers for another meal.

The food was delicious and the service was quick. I will be returning!

• Visited July 2012