“You don't go here for the ambiance but................”

Amrikkos Tadka Lounge
Ranked #328 of 1,204 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are Open 7 Days a week from Sunday to Thursday 11:00 am to 3 pm then we open at 4:00pm and close at 9:00 pm Friday and Saturday 11:00am to 3 pm then we open at 4:00pm and close at 10:00 pm Lunch Buffet All 7 Days 11:30 am to 3 pm
Victoria, Canada
“You don't go here for the ambiance but................”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

You don't go here for the ambiance but the food was good and the service first class. The starters (Amriko's plate, I think) were excellent, as was my beef vindaloo. Tender and tasty. My wife's chicken curry was somewhat hotter than the medium she ordered and expected (some don't like it hot).

• Visited October 2012
Barinder S, Manager at Amrikkos Tadka Lounge, responded to this review, September 5, 2015
Dear yonze,

Thank you so much for such motivating words and we strive towards offering even better services.

Edmonton
“Delicious food and quick service”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My headline says it all, plus it was overall good value. My 4-year-old daughter and I shared Paneer Pakora ($8), Butter Chicken ($12) and Rice ($3). It was enough to eat, plus leftovers for another meal.

The food was delicious and the service was quick. I will be returning!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Nicole A
Dear Nicole_ca

Victoria, Canada
“Best Indian food in Victoria by far”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We are connoisseurs of East Indian food and have eaten at all of the East Indian restaurants in Victoria over the years. We were disappointed by most (except for Da Tandoor, which is excellent). We discovered Amrikko's in Nanaimo and would make regular pilgrimages there, so when they opened a restaurant in Victoria we were delighted. The food is always excellent, whether you eat in or take out. The veggie and chicken pakoras are to die for, as are the samosas. The butter chicken and chicken korma are some of the best we have ever had. The paneer dishes are also excellent. Highly recommended.

(Although I have not been there in years, I recommend avoiding Spicejammer, Indian Curry Hut and Sabri's)

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank BCBusinessTraveller2
Dear BCBusinessTraveller2,

Chilliwack, Canada
“Great food!”
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have eaten here several times and it is very much a family run operation. This is good and it is also not good. The members in the family who do the cooking are excellent. The food here is always good whether you do take out or eat in.
When you eat in the service can be a bit spotty. When I eat spicey food, for example, I like lots of water, but the last time I was there I asked twice before my water glass was filled. For me that just seems to be something a good waiter does . . . you check your tables to see how their drinks are, if you have time to stand around and chat with your peers.
Another thing is waiting to get your bill. When there is no food or drink left on the table it seems logical to bring the bill.
Having griped about the service I will assure you that in spite of service I will be back. The food is that good!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank glen f
Dear glen f,

Vancouver Island
“Finally a good Indian place in Victoria”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Better then any other place downtown, not counting Cafe Ceylon, which is an upper end place. This is great inexpensive place with good size menu. All that you may want is there, tandoor, flat breads, butter chicken, various curry dishes, great, thumbs way up for Amrikko's

Visited February 2012