“Friendly and Delicious!”

The Village Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 1,205 Restaurants in Victoria
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Breakfast & Brunch Victoria, BC V8R 2S6(250) 592-8311www.thevillagerestaurant.caHours:Mon-Sun 8 am - 3:30 pmGood for Groups: NoAccepts Credit Cards: YesParking: StreetAttire: CasualPrice Range: $$ Good for Kids: NoTakes Reservations: NoDelivery: NoTake Away: YesWaiter Service: YesOutdoor Seating: YesGood For: Breakfast, BrunchAlcohol: Full BarWheelchair Accessible: Yes
victoria
“Friendly and Delicious!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Checked out "The Village" for the first time on one of their busiest days of the year -- the Times-Colonist 10K Run day. But that didn't phase The Village. Even though they were shorthanded (a server called in sick), the cheerful, efficient hostess who was dealing with the line up took our name and produced a table for five for a birthday brunch celebration. Great service, really delicious potato latkes, blintzes and bennies. The place was hopping and happening. We'll be back!!

• Visited April 2012

“Local gem”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Love this place! It is situated away from downtown in beautiful Estevan village. Food is always fresh, amazing, love their Benny's and had the feature salad today-wow! Child friendly and always busy-for a reason. You'll find oak bay's older folk, new moms with babes and everything in between. For a local experience, I'd recommend it. 2 blocks from the ocean. Service gets four starts because although efficient and courteious, I wish they had a few more smiles:)

“Yum”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Good food, cute little cafe, good service. I definitely recommend this place. We were going for brunch but their lunch items were just too tempting. Had soup and half a sandwich each ($11/person) and it was excellent.

My only minor gripe is that the coffee wasn't great. There is a good coffee shop across the street if that's your thing. My first cup was somewhat sour (possibly old and not enough grinds) and the second cup was ok. Ferris' definitely has better coffee. It was on par with most of the breakfast places I've been to but that isn't saying anything good. Probably just spoiled by all the local roasters and good coffee shops in Vic. If the coffee was better I would have given it excellent.

One saving grace is that they have a decent beer selection and scotch. A cool little twist for the type of little place they are.

Visited February 2012
“AUTHENTIC LATKES!!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

When I think of The Village, I think of their latkes. It tastes exactly like my mother used to make them by hand. These are authentic latkes.
Other places serve what are really hash brown patties.
I've never been disappointed with any of the other food I've tried. I've also tried their challah french toast!!! Mmmm.
Sometimes service is slow, but when I've gone, maybe I've just been lucky, but I've always found the service adequate.
The food isn't cheap, but it IS good and it's lovely to sit outside enjoying a good meal with family/friends.

• Visited August 2011