“Great Location, wonderful salads”
Review of The Local Kitchen

The Local Kitchen
Ranked #73 of 1,186 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Bellingham, Washington, United States
“Great Location, wonderful salads”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went here twice during our stay in Victoria and ate outside enjoying a view of the bay. The salads were delicious-my friends enjoyed the Cobb and Beet salad and I had several great soups. The service was quite good. The menu is varied and my friend who has celiac had no trouble finding selections. They also serve breakfast items till 3 pm.

• Visited October 2013

Redmond, Oregon
“First Meal in Victoria”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had our first dinner in Victoria at "The Local Kitchen" on Wharf Street September 4. Our server was attentive. The menu offered a variety of choices. My husband had the BLAST Wrap (bacon, lettuce, avocado, salmon and tomato). I had the Quinoa Edamame Salad. We both enjoyed our meals very much.
This is a pub with two levels. The servers keep in shape by constantly climbing up and down the stairs and always with a sense of serene calm.

Milazzo, Italy
“Nice spot, good food”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went on a sunny day and had the chance to seat outside, the best place from my point of view are the ones close to the street, ask for them if possible. Had burgers, poutine and drinks, all very good! Great place to spend some time and have dinner after work.

Seattle, Washington
“Really delicious burgers - hit the spot!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This place is a gem. We ate out on the patio on a Saturday afternoon and it was pretty busy, but we were seated right away. I ordered the Somersby cider and a bacon cheeseburger, and it was absolutely delicious! It really hit the spot for a local pub burger, and actually went above and beyond. Being from Seattle, it was the first time I had been here, and the first time I had tasted the Somersby cider - I highly recommend it on a warm sunny day.

The fries were delicious too, and the service was great. The servers were kind and prompt, and the food came pretty quickly. We even had live music by the "The O'Brien Family" band which was truly fantastic. If this place and Darcy's next door pay musicians to come by and help improve the ambiance, they are doing the right thing! I wanted to come back the next day, but my wife wanted to try Darcy's, which was also good.

Anyway, 5 stars from me. Great place.

If I had one complaint, it would be the bees. The bees attacked me relentlessly through my entire meal. I think they need to do something about this, as it was quite annoying, but I can't dock the Local for this.

Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank MntnDewMan
Port Saint Joe, Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived at 9:15pm; the door stated it was open until 11pm. It was quite obvious the servers were ready to close shop. The group that came in immediately after us was actually refused service. One of the servers was putting up chairs around us before we even got our food. Don't know why it's called The Local Kitchen. I can't imagine locals would want to go here. It did not seem like local ingredients were used. We only asked for an order of wings along with a few beers, as we were trying to minimize our obvious inconvenience to the staff. The sweet chili sauce tasted pretty good, but the actual quality of the wings was terrible. We personally did not prefer the loud country music either. Wasted money!

1 Thank Sheby