“The Best Sweet Potato Fries Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Local Kitchen

The Local Kitchen
Ranked #70 of 1,180 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
BC
“The Best Sweet Potato Fries Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We were in Victoria for the weekend and decided to stop in for lunch on our way to the Museum. We made a great choice, the food was delicious and our server was pleasant and attentive. I had the Salmon Wrap and loved every bite. My husband had a burger and said it was excellent. My son had Tacos & our daughter-in-law had Chicken Tenders. They were both pleased with their selections as well. I had a side of Sweet Potato Fries and I have to admit that they are the best Sweet Potato Fries I have ever eaten!! We all shared them and all agreed that they were amazing! We would not hesitate to return.

• Visited February 2013

Canada
“A good time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

We really liked the Local Kitchen! After missing our dinner reservation elsewhere because we missed the ferry, we arrived in Victoria late and hungry. Our travels took us to the Local Kitchen. We were enticed in by the sign outside advertising $5 wine and decided to take a peek.

Service was prompt to start but got a bit slow as the place was pretty busy. Several times, we had to wait with empty glasses. Once our server got an idea of pace, things picked up and were great again. Didn't help that we were tucked in a booth in the back and behind a corner - not really a high traffic location.

Our pub food was good. No complaints at all. It was super tasty and reasonably priced.

I would definitely check this place out again.

• Visited December 2012
Victoria, Canada
“Relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Plenty of tvs on which to watch the game and a nice interior - dark wood, Mug shot style photos of their regulars and a great location in Bastion Square. The drink list wasn't extensive, but the bar was well stocked and the bartender had no problem being creative. I didn't try the food this time around, but I think the first experience has warranted a go.

• Visited November 2012
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Lunch was fast AND good? The service was friendly and the harbor location was vibrant and busy (and the sweet potatoe fries were fantastic!)

Edmonton, Canada
“Our Local Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Wandering around looking for a lunch spot with a local flare instead of a chain restaurant, we came across this place. My daughter said, you want local food, this must be it!
Was it ever!
The guy seating us on their patio was friendly and fast.
Server was prompt and attentive.
All four of our meals were delicious.
I'll definitely stop in next time I'm in Victoria at this place.
Four Thumbs Up from Our family which includes two teens.

• Visited October 2012