“Another great ride”

Cycle Treks - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to CycleTreks, located in beautiful Victoria BC. We offer a variety of full service bike tours, using top quality equipment, for cycling enthusiasts with all levels of riding ability. We have everything from single day bike rentals and guided tours around Victoria, to exhilarating, fully inclusive, multi day guided bicycle adventure tours on Vancouver Island and the Southern Gulf Islands.
Phoenix, Az
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Another great ride”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is the second time we have rented bikes from Cycle Treks and like the first time it was first rate. We stopped by their office a few days before our actual ride to confirm and found out there had been a misunderstanding in the reservation. Not their fault, not ours. Sometimes the reservations go through the float plane office down the dock and that's where it got messed up. Just make sure you talk to the bike guys.
That being said, Alex and the staff were great! They got us back on track for the next day. Different ride than we planned but awesome. The bikes, the directions, the drive and drop off were all perfect. Oh, the ride was great too!
We will be back to Victoria and we will rent from Cycle Treks again.
Thanks Alex!

Visited August 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A nice day on a bike”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We reserved our bikes with Alex the evening we got off the floatplane. The next morning he shuttled us to Sidney, giving us tips and instructions all the way.
The information was helpful and the bikes were well fitted to us and in good condition. The ride was easy, intetesting, and safe. I recomend cycle treks.

Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very helpful staff”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We called up last minute and the tours were booked, but ben rented us bikes and told us a great route to take for the day. His knowledge of the area and all thebest sites to see was so helpful. We had a great day and really got to see the city.

Visited August 2012
Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best way to see Victoria”
Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

I was extremely impressed with my experience at Cycle Treks. After a mix-up where I thought I had booked a tour but never actually did, the guys at Cycle Treks came through with what turned out to be an amazing day. They require at least 2 people for a tour, so when I showed up alone thinking I had booked a tour, they didn't even have a guide available that day. They offered to give me a bike and equipment for an hour to check out the James Bay and Beacon Hill Park areas by myself until a guide happened to be available, then they got him to meet me for a solo guided tour of the city for another few hours. Worked out perfectly! We visited some must-see landmarks as well as many off-the-beaten-path gems. The guide was engaging and informative. Overall, it ended up being a highlight of my trip! I made sure to give a sizable tip for their kindness and extra effort.

62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Great way to see beautiful countryside”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We're both keen road cyclists and had read that Victoria and the surrounding area had good cycling facilities but we hadn't expected just how many dedicated cycle paths, cycle lanes and quiet countryside roads there would be. Cycletreks rented us two modern lightly-used road bikes that were ideal for touring the area quickly and easily. They were friendly and efficient and gave us options for returning the bikes if we didn't make it back before their closing time. While we were getting ready, they even volunteered to deliver other customers and their rented bikes across town to given them a better ride. Other Victoria shops rented town/hybrid bikes but I didn't find any other renting road bikes.

Visited June 2012