“Terrific flavor!!!!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Oyster Bar is currently closed for renovations. We will be re-opening in early March with a brand new look! Victoria's largest selection of fresh, locally sourced oysters. Uniquely prepared tapas. Creative cocktails. Sunny patio with a view of the Inner Harbour.
Kamloops, Canada
“Terrific flavor!!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were here last night and were lucky to get a table as it is quite the busy little place! Our waitress, Yolande, was full of personality and was also very helpful in assisting our choices that we enjoyed immensly!

I had a dozen oysters on the half shell that came out with 3 terrific sauces to choose from as well as the Tabasco and lemon on the table for us while Charlie had crab and a specialty appetizer. All of it was incredible!

Out of fairness, I have to warn you that the servings are pretentiously small but again well worth it so we added on a cheese plate at the end that seemed to round everything off beautifully.

In short, we were very happy with our experience and would do it again! If you have not been here and love snacking on the freshest of seafood, this is one of the places I would highly recommend, especially when you see them bringing in 5 gallon buckets of oysters that are shucked and served on the spot!

Also, check out their t-shorts for sale: "wanna shuck?" Loved it and bought two for my daughters!

• Visited March 2014

“Great oysters and ambience”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

One of these days we will order more than oysters at this bar but they do such a great job with the oysters, why order anything else! OK, anyone can shuck an oyster and put it on plate with ice but the attention to little details is why this bar excels. Three different dipping flavours, fresh grated horseradish and the tobasco sauce is on the table. If it is Wednesday, expect happy hour pricing too!

Visited March 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Inconsistent - average food, poor service”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've tried the Oyster several times, once for lunch with a business colleague, and twice with my partner. The oysters are fresh and reasonably priced but I find the other fare to be average at best. On my last visit we both had the fish tacos and their mixed fish concept was nowhere the quality of the simple Red Fish Blue Fish tacones a block and a half away. In addition, the service was abysmally slow desite it not being a crowded room by any means! I noticed other patrons visibly put out by the delay in getting menus, taking orders, and delivering F&B. We sat in a section with only three other tables and were noticed within a minute; yet it took ten minutes to be offered menus. And then she failed to ask for a drink order at that time as well! Needlesss to say my last visit was exactly that - my LAST visit! I had high hopes that this would make a good local watering hole for the business crowd (my peers); alas it is destined to follow Pescatores as another nice room with medicore service and a touristy trap vibe. Shame.

• Visited March 2014
Victoria, Canada
“Good service, great oysters and a fantastic location”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a great post-work spot to enjoy some pints and oysters with colleagues and friends. Prices are reasonable (especially Wednesday's for "Buck a Shuck") and the service is generally very good. I have had one very weak/disorganized server (over six or seven visits), but this was quickly addressed after a quiet word with the manager.

• Visited December 2013
Evergreen, Colorado
“Great Oysters and Happy Hour Specials”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

My husband and I walked over to have a bite for dinner. We were lucky enough to arrive on Buck a Shuck Wednesday which we took full advantage of as well as the $6 pints. The pulled pork tacos for $1 during happy hour were also good as were the olives. While we ate during the happy hour the prices after happy hour were very reasonable and the service was great. Had we known how good it was we would have gone more than once during our stay in Victoria.

• Visited February 2014