“A fave”

Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: The Oyster Bar is currently closed for renovations. We will be re-opening in early March with a brand new look! Victoria's largest selection of fresh, locally sourced oysters. Uniquely prepared tapas. Creative cocktails. Sunny patio with a view of the Inner Harbour.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We always stop by when we are around. Another staple. Great food and atmosphere and we've found the service second to none.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place is by far the best place in Victoria to enjoy a margarita. Tequila on the rocks with freshly squeezed lime. It has a great outdoor patio facing the Empress Hotel and the inner harbour. The staff are friendly and very knowledgable about the menu options. I have to say I don't eat seafood. I am willing to go there with my friends because I really enjoy the atmosphere, the music, and of course the margarita. On a hot summer day it is just one of the best places to go for food and cocktails. This restaurant attracts people of all ages.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

was looking for raw bar to eai oysters , we checked couples of places , ended up at the Oyster bar , started with 2 great cocktails blueberry cosmo and bourbon sour prepared by Niko superbe start , continue with fresh raw oysters great selection , great ambiance really an evening to remember all the way , had a banana crepe to finish to die .

So to recommend all the way , Niko was a fantastic host , gave us everything you expect in as a friendly bartender and more , a great evening to remember in beautiful Victoria

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Coming here for buck a shuck is recommended. The food is a bit expensive, but its delicious, and well worth it. The atmosphere is fun, loud, and vibrant. I live in Victoria and frequent this establishment.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Loved my oysters and dark beer ! The atmosphere is very pleasant, location across the street from The Empress Hotel. It was a sunny day and they had the smallish patio open. Very nice. My male server was a stuck up , cold, know it all, unfortunately. Frankly, I didn't like him, but I enjoyed my meal despite him. Perhaps if I had been a single male he would have paid me more attention. I felt like I was a bit of an after thought for him, even though he didn't have many customers to tend to when I was there.

1  Thank Foodyguru