“Great find!”
Review of Skinnytato - CLOSED

Skinnytato
Cuisines: Polish, Central European
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our restaurant! We are a family-run Polish influenced restaurant, whose food is cooked with, above all else, love and care. All of our dishes are made by hand, from scratch, and the majority of these by our mama, Katherina. We offer many gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan slow-cooked options for the health-conscious customer. Our specialties are deliciously stuffed potato pancakes, tender pierogies, hearty soups, fresh salads and Polish beer not available in any other restaurant in Victoria! Whether it's dine-in or take-out, we look forward to serving you in our home-style atmosphere!
Reviewed March 17, 2014

The potato pancakes filled with Hungarian goulash are my favourite. What a treat! Friends have tried other options and everyone has been very pleased with their meals. One of our favourite restaurants in Victoria.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Two of my very favourite foods, perhaps related to my early years in a town full of German influence, are potato pancakes and well prepared sauerkraut. Imagine my delight at finding a home cooked menu selection which included lovely, large, shredded potato pancake folded around a filling of sauerkraut and (in the selection I chose) mushroom. Alongside were 2 salad selections from a choice of 4. I decided on the "Nature's Gift", a fresh mixture of shredded red cabbage, carrots, green apples, sunflower seeds, raisins and raspberry vinaigrette and the Polish Salad comprised of baked beets, carrots, apples, spices and home-made vinaigrette. Both were excellent. Despite arriving just on the verge of the closing time for lunch service (3:00) we were served attentively and in no way did we feel rushed. This experience does not come along often, so if you think you might like Polish cuisine, don't take any chances on missing this!

1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Do make reservations whether you come for lunch or dinner. The hosts are friendly and welcoming. My husband ordered the perogy sampler which included some polish sausage. Next time he would add a cabbage roll to his order. I ordered the potato pancake with sauerkraut and polish sausage and it was divine. To end this delicious meal we shared a gluten free piece of poppy seed cake which was so yummy. We shall return.

1  Thank kpatters
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We were very excited to give this a try,so much so we (I) forgot to phone ahead. Lucky for us we were able to sneak in between reservations. So not disappointed in the food and dessert was equally as good. I will NOT make the mistake of phoning ahead the next time we heading that way. You cannot go wrong with just a simple meal and great service.

Thanks so much 10/10

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went here tonight as we were looking for something different and quiet. This little restaurant will hold 16-people maximum. Although children would be welcomed, it is not a place for small children. The food is great though, and well worth the visit. Prices vary, but nothing on the dinner menu was over $20. Excellent place to go if you are looking for variety, good food, and attentive service.