“Home Style & Tasty”
Review of Skinnytato - CLOSED

Skinnytato
Cuisines: Polish, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our restaurant! We are a family-run Polish influenced restaurant, whose food is cooked with, above all else, love and care. All of our dishes are made by hand, from scratch, and the majority of these by our mama, Katherina. We offer many gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan slow-cooked options for the health-conscious customer. Our specialties are deliciously stuffed potato pancakes, tender pierogies, hearty soups, fresh salads and Polish beer not available in any other restaurant in Victoria! Whether it's dine-in or take-out, we look forward to serving you in our home-style atmosphere!
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Finally a Vic restaurant true to the reviews on TripAdvisor!

Very friendly owner. The food is all cooked from scratch- tasty.

Perogies - Based on the other reviews was I expecting to much? I found them average. The plate was filled with a deep layer of oil, which consequently coated all the perogies and that made them quite greasy.
I am not sure if this is the traditional way of serving them? But it certainly reduced my enjoyment. I would have preferred if they were not swimming in all that oil.
They cost $10 and you only get 6 perogies and a small dollop of Sour Cream, I think there should be at least 8 or more to make a decent lunch.

Potato Pancake with Spinach & Feta - the real star of the show, good sized portion, very tasty, a must have. A far superior option to the Perogies.

Lunch for two cost us $25. Their online menu lists all the prices.
Recommended!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Featured on the TV program "You Gotta Eat Here!", the potato pancake filled with goulash was amazingly savory and complex. For our two side salads we had both the white and red cabbage salads. My favorite was the red cabbage salad with grated carrot, raisins, pine nuts, and tangy vinegrette dressing. It was so fresh and crunchy. We also had the pickle soup - a must try, if you've never had it before! The service is amazing. Trust the owners if they recommend a certain combination of mains, sides, and salads!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were in Victoria for a birthday trip and stopped in at this friendly little restaurant for a late lunch. My husband and I ordered 2 cabbage rolls and 6 perogies to share. (cheese and potato, and bacon and potato perogies)
We also ordered a side of sour kraut salad. The food was excellent! You know how you can eat perogies that feel like a big ball of dough in your stomach afterwards? Not these ones...they are definately homemade, as the 3 chefs working in the kitchen can testify. They were light and tasty. The server was very efficient, and friendly, as was the kitchen staff. I would definately make this a stop if you like Polish food!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great Polish food served in a warm friendly, cozy setting. The food is fresh and full of flavor. The traditional apple cake is a must-- a homemade vanilla cake topped with gooey soft apples ice cream and a cinnamon caramel sauce. The owner and chef is delightful and you can tell she puts her heart into the food. Definitely try this one.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife is Polish, I've spent months there and like the food.

This place has the best potato pancake that I've ever hard. Crisp, not greasy, not heavy. Really a delight. It comes with 4 typical Polish side salads.

the only way it could be more authentic is if they put lard on the table (which I think would turn away N Americans).