“Excellent and quiet”

Ranked #99 of 1,223 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: James Bay
Description: The O Café and Bistro is focused on building relationships and memories through the shared and intimate dining experience. What we all really crave is an experience of being with friends and family around a table sharing the best of food and beverage. This friends and family centered approach to dining has inspired our dining space and our menu. Mornings at the O Café and Bistro will feature the finest in local bites and coffees. We have partnered with internationally renowned Bows & Arrows Coffee Roasters to feature their incredible brand of coffee. The simple and magnificent pastry selection by our local partner, Bond Bonds Bakery, offers the best of what a bakery can provide. Evenings at the O Café and Bistro highlight the finest globally inspired sharing plates along with truly inspired and authentic beverages. Our chef will tempt your taste buds with food locally sourced and foraged that will be combined into truly delectable plates unlike any others in Victoria. The focus of our bar is on providing you with the perfect glass of wine, incredible cocktail or exotic beer to perfectly match your meal. At the O Café and Bistro, we believe in providing a truly authentic experience that can be shared among our guests. This is achieved through our warm, professional service, innovative ideas and incredible execution. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Very nice room and high quality food for a smaller hotel. I was surprised at the price compared to how good it was!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Quiet/cosy bistro with great food at very reasonable prices. Have daily drink specials. Especially enjoyed the Jazz entertainment (Wednesday is Jazz Night!)

Reviewed December 28, 2012

If you are looking for a heavy meal of burgars and fries, this is the wrong place, but if you are looking for a quiet atmosphere, excelent bistro style food and amazing service, this should be your choice!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

O BISTRO at Oswego Hotel
500 Oswego Street, Victoria
Just Wonderful!
For a lovely elegant, quiet, delicious meal, this is the restaurant! The menu is two pages but packed with that great food imagination that good chefs have using locally gown and produced ingredients. The last time we visited I wanted something light for dinner so I chose two items from the appetizer side of the menu: Victoria Gin Soaked Baby Beet Salad and the Crispy Panko Crab Cakes. The presentation was so artful that I was disappointed my camera was not with me. My dinner partner chose the Sterling Silver Center Cut Beef Ribeye served with Avocado Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Shiraz Demi-glaze and Fall Vegetable Medley. (He still talks about it and went in search of center cut Ribeye when we returned from vacation.) Breakfast fare includes a daily Chef’s Special Omelette where he chooses a variety of delicious combinations.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

This is such a great little restaurant I can't figure out why no one has found it yet. It's lovely and peaceful, with a wonderful outdoor patio and indoor lounging spaces as well as the requisite tables/chairs. A nice wine selection and reasonably priced! Very friendly service and "hot" food! Something I notice is rare these days. Don't ask me why! It just is. I have bemoaned the overabundance of 'luke warm' food in recent years.

Nestled in the lower lobby area of the Oswego Hotel, behind the Harbour Towers, I stumbled upon this lovely spot when my sister was relocated from the Harbour Towers last fall, due to overbooking. They really lucked out as the rooms are just as marvelous as the restaurant. Have been back a number of times now and continue to be impressed. I almost hesitate to post this as I'm worried it may get too busy once the secret is out!