“You will love your stay at Abbeymoore Manor.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria
Abbeymoore Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 92 Victoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 7, 2004

My husband, my two adult daughters, and I visited Abbeymoore Manor for two nights in August, 2004. The house is in a beautiful, quiet neighborhood, and the rooms were immaculate and lovely. Ian and Ann, the innkeepers, were eager to please, and gave us excellent suggestions for restaurants. And the breakfasts were luscious! We highly recommend Abbeymoore Manor.

1  Thank Sandy R

Reviewed September 5, 2004

If you're looking for somewhere to stay in Victoria don't look any further than the Abbeymoore Manor which more than lives up to its reputation as the No.1 place to stay on Vancouver Island (if not the whole of BC). My husband and I recently spent two nights there (in the Master Bedroom which was fantastic, though we had a sneaky look at the other bedrooms and they all looked fantastic too). Nothing was too much trouble for Ian & Anne, from advising us on whale watching trips and ferry crossings to recommending good places to eat - though the home cooked breakfasts at Abbeymoore are to die for! (Not to mention Anne's baking - you won't go hungry at Abbeymoore). If we ever return to Victoria, and we certainly intend to, Abbeymoore will definitely be our first choice.

Reviewed September 2, 2004

Abbeymoore Manor is a beautiful mansion built in 1912. According to the description, it sits amongst the castles, gardens and tree lined streets of "Old Victoria". We stayed here for two nights in late August. I had no experience staying at B & B's but now the bar has been set fantastically high by our first experience with Ian and Anne. We booked into a garden suite which afforded us a private entrance with lovely sitting area to enjoy the pleasant outdoor weather. When we arrived at the Manor after our ferry ride, we checked in and set off to downtown armed with many restaurant recommendations from Anne. Later that night, we settled in for some sleep and while drifting off, an outside visitor in the form of a massive garden spider decided to sleep over. He had come in from the windows that we left open and needless to say, we were glad for cable because neither of us could fall back asleep after scouring the entire bedroom for him. We took advantage of the in-room spa services. I enjoyed a back exfoliation and my companion had a massage which invigorated him for the remainder of the trip. I will end by talking about the amenities - free drinks/snacks in the main house, Wi-Fi throughout (though sometimes spotty), guest computer with hi-speed access, free parking, nice large jetted tub in the suite, and finally the breakfasts! Special consideration was taken with my vegetarian diet which was welcomed and on our last morning, I enjoyed Ian's diabetic-coma inducing bananas foster waffles with fresh fruit ... whoo, one needed to walk back and forth to downtown to work it off. But in all seriousness, Ian and Anne are pleasant and friendly without being cloying or fake and the food is excellent. If ever we find ourselves back in Victoria, we would definitely come back! Thanks again!

• Stayed: September 2004
El Dorado Hills, CA
Reviewed August 31, 2004

My husband picked out your B & B because he didn't want to stay at just an ordinary hotel. We are certainly glad we did and we were made to feel welcome and appreciated the comfortable bed and great down comforter. The little refrigerator filled with waters, sodas, etc. was especially welcoming and helpful, along with the brownnie my husband devoured. Ian and Ann went out of their way to send us off early with a wonderful, delicious and hearty breakfast the next AM so we could get on the 9 o'clock ferry. I only wish we had more time to enjoy both the B & B and Victoria.

Reviewed August 26, 2004

We reserved one night at the Abbeymoore in August 2004 and extended it for a second night because we liked it so much. Wish we could have spent more time there. The rooms are beautiful and the house is very comfortable and well located a half-hour walk from downtown. We didn't mind that it rained because we liked the house so much.

Portland OR
Reviewed August 22, 2004

My wife and I prefer to stay at at bed and breakfasts. Theis is the finest one yet. Ian and Anne will treat you like royalty. The location is great. We walked to the downtown area (25 minutes along antiques Row). Do not miss the chance to stay at the Abbeymoore.

Reviewed August 19, 2004

My wife and I enjoyed a terrific stay at Abbeymoore last week. The location is ideal – close enough to everything, but not right in the middle of all the tourist brouhaha. The house is just a block from the Governor’s Mansion, with it’s exquisite (and free) gardens; and only a short walk to the incredible Craigduroch “Castle.”

The house is gorgeous and comfortable, without all the lace and teddy bear collections of some B&Bs. The breakfast was phenomenal – tasty, original, interesting, well-prepared and plentiful. We were able to eat on the front porch with the beautiful weather. Having our own TV with cable let us keep up with the events going on back in the US. The bed was the most comfortable we have ever had when staying away from home, and the linens top notch. And clean, clean, clean!!

Ian and Ann manage just the right balance between attentive service and guest privacy. I never felt smothered, but they were always around to answer questions and offer suggestions. They are the real reason the house feels so comfortable. We cannot thank them enough. We will always fondly remember Abbeymoore Manor as a part of our first trip to Victoria. If we go back, you can bet we will stay with Ian and Ann

2  Thank NOLA_Fan_26