Abbeymoore Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn
$370
$286
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
$328
Embassy Inn(Victoria)
$199
Cancelon
1,313 results
All reviewsgovernment houserose roommaster bedroomgarden suitecraigdarroch castlefresh baked cookieswonderful hostseach morningdietary restrictionshighly recommend this b bgourmet breakfasthome away from homequiet neighborhoodbutchart gardensbottled waterour honeymooncommon areas
Reviewed September 21, 2013

What a beautiful B&B and Ian, Anne and Michelle make you feel so welcome without being in any way intrusive. There is everything you may need to make you feel at home and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. A great place to stay. Would be my first choice if I visit Victoria again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lilac Room and although no balcony it was a beautiful room and the best bathroom - loved it.
1  Thank Mary A
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I could get used to the lifestyle that Anne and Ian insist upon; showering guests with the perfect amount of attention, privacy and assistance. Our three-day stay was in the Master Bedroom. It is appointed with all amenities from sublime bedding, reclining wing backs, heated bathroom floor, individual reading lights and more. Breakfast is conveniently served over a spread of time with dietary requests met cheerfully. Michelle, Stephanie and staff prepare delectable breakfasts with plating worthy of applause. As a well-traveled individual, nothing comes close to this warm and hospitable gem. Surprised how easy the walk to downtown was and perfectly situated in residential neighborhood, yet steps from Government House and other landmark must-sees. Staff takes delight is suggesting activities and dining spots. Please, it's tempting to stay on the go, but treat yourself by just hanging out at the Abbeymoore, at least one day, during your stay there. We are so glad we stayed "home" there one of the days to take advantage of all their TLC.

3  Thank GMA2013Travel
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ian and Anne, the innkeepers, are quite possibly the most friendly and cheerful people I've ever met in all my travels! My family and I showed up after hours b/c we missed the early ferry. Ian met us at the door and had our suite all setup and ready for us. Throughout the trip they all went out of their way to make our stay as easy as possible. They made our dinner reservations and treated all of us like family, even giving my daughter 'treats' when she would run up to the kitchen to grab a soda. The breakfasts each day are the things of legends! The food is AMAZING and the service reminded me of eating at my grandma's house... but with 5 Star restaurant quality food. We've all agreed that we will never stay anywhere else when we visit Victoria. I promise, if you stay here, you won't be disappointed!

PS - No trip to Abbeymoore would be complete without a fresh scone from Anne's kitchen. They put every other scone I've ever had to shame! As far as I'm concerned they are the food of the gods!

Room Tip: I would recommend the garden suites, but that is only b/c that that is the only room we've stayed in so far.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Scott D
Reviewed September 18, 2013

If you are looking for a slightly out of the way 5 star place to stay, yet walking distance into town, treated like a king or queen, exposed to delicate, delightful gourmet breakfast and personnel attention to every request or detail, then don't bother looking any further. Ian, Anne and Michelle will make you feel right at home and spoil you rotten. We stayed in the Master suite overlooking the front of the house, with our private balcony. We can't wait to return again soon.

Room Tip: Go online and check out the website. I picked the master room and after looking at the others, it was the perfect room for us.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Anne and Ian, the innkeepers, are the consummate host and hostess. They have thought of everything, and they are incredibly cheerful and helpful. Their breakfasts (complete with the menu and names of other guests) are beautifully presented and just as delicious. Seating is on the lovely deck or in the comfortable dining room. The living room is spacious; it includes a fireplace, large, flat screen TV and reading material. Abbeymore is located almost across the street from the lovely, expansive grounds of the Lt. Governor's mansion, and within walking distance of the harbor and downtown.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lilac room (the smallest), but it was most adequate.