“Great food, Great Service, Awesome restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of West Coast Tap House - CLOSED

West Coast Tap House
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Victoria, Canada
“Great food, Great Service, Awesome restaurant!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went to ther Tap House the other morning with a friend of mine for breakfast & it was excellent!!! They had a huge breakfast menu, everything brekfast you could think of. From the normal canadian breakfast, 3 types of Eggs benny, pancakes, waffles, french toast, vegitartian dishes, skillets & much more!!

I had the normal Eggs Benny- thats what I always order when I go out for breakfast. I am addicted to hollindaise sauce, and there sauce was AMAZING! You have the choice to get fresh cut hashbrowns or shredded- I perfer shredded & it was very good :)

My girl friend got a skillet!! The chilli cook house skillet! she was very happy with it as well. Huge servings as well.. she was full & had some to take home later!

Service was good - the server aways made sure our coffess were topped up & everyting tasted well. Also very good coffee-- Seattles best :)

• Visited January 2013

Victoria, BC
“Outstanding service, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had dinner here on November 29 with some friends. Knowing that it was Thursday Night Football night, we phoned ahead to see how busy they were. Kevin (the manager) offered to reserve a table for us near a TV, even though we weren't going to be able to get there until around half time. When we arrived, we were shown to a prime table right in front of the big screen! We had several people waiting on us all night, and it wasn't long before Kevin came by to make sure everything was alright! We couldn't have been treated nicer - we felt like VIPs! The food was great (though to be fair, we've been back recently and had one of the same entrees and it wasn't quite as good - might have been a different chef that night).

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank jjBC61
“First and Last”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

They were out of everything at 6:00 on a Friday night-I live in the area, first visit-blah. Back to the good old haunts. I agree with the last couple of entries-should've know better when there was no Vodka-on a Friday night.

• Visited November 2012
“Worst food and service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My family and I just at this pub on Oct 21 st and I must say that this is by far the worst place to eat. I don't normally review restaurants because food is so subjective, but this place was absolutely terrible!

When we arrived we stood in the entry way waited to be seated for several minutes and the place was empty, and there was no sign to seat yourself. Once our drinks arrived our server could not be found and another waitress too our order. The service continued to be poor and the wait staff seemed more concerned about visiting with one another rather than working. The Bartender was the only one who actually provided decent service. When our appetizer arrived the server didn't refill our drinks and never came back to check on us until she brought our entree. When she saw that our drinks were empty she yelled across the dining room for the bartender to refill them.

Food: terrible. The food had no flavour, and was so bland we couldn't eat it. Again the waitress never checked on us to see how our meals were. When collecting our full plates she again didn't ask how our meals were and continued to have a conversation with another waitress at the bar. The only good thing was the bread. We actually left our meals and went to McDonalds, where we received better service and food compared the taphouse.

The wait staff at this place clearly don't care about their jobs, and definitely don't care about customer service. It was a waste of $100! Never would I go back to this place. I now understand why it was empty on a Sunday evening!

• Visited October 2012
Parksville, Canada
“Lovely looking --- poor food and service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were out with friends on the weekend and decided to stop in for dinner. This place is "off the beaten track" somewhat so I'm assuming that it relies heavily on the hotel guests. It seemed as if everything we ordered was not available starting with a pear cider! The only cider available was apple -- no big deal until you remember this is a Tap House restaurant and there are DOZENS of flavours of cider available now. Then a beer request was N/A -- we should have taken this as a sign and left. Our server told us she was new (and she was very pleasant but had obviously received little training). Our food took FOREVER and when it arrived everything was luke-warm. Very disappointing -- we did complain and we did receive a small discount on our bill, but it was not overly busy, certainly not busy enough to warrant such a fiasco -- maybe we just hit a bad night, perhaps the regular cooks are off on a Sunday????
We will not be back anytime soon.

• Visited September 2012