“Delicious breakfast!”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Had breakfast here during our stay at the Four Point hotel in Lanford area outside of Victoria. We had the pancakes, oatmeal( with cinnamon and spices) and chili skillet and were all very happy with our meals. It is definitely a pub atmosphere with TV's and TSN playing even in the morning and the bar in the middle..so not your typical breakfast restaurant but the food was great and it would probably be a great place for a supper or drinks in the evening as well.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My husband and I were staying at the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel and decided to dine in the West Coast Tap House, which is located in the Lower Lobby. To our surprise the food menu was huge, we actually couldn't decide what to order. Our server reccomended the Maui Salmon and the Ginger Beef and we started with the chicken quesadillas!. The food was exceptional, the server had explained that all the sauces were made in house and the seasonal veggies were cooked to perfection. My partner really enjoyed the selection of local brews on tap and even though we were very tempted by the dessert menu we couldn't fit in another bite. The food was not the only highlight of the night, the staff was knowledgeable
and entertaining as they were flipping bottles and glasses behind the bar and having some good laughs with us and other customers. Thanks for the great evening!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were so pleased with our recent visit to the West Coast Tap House. My husband and I were house-hunting in Victoria and stayed with friends quite close to the West Coast Tap House. During our weekend visit, we ate there twice (once on the patio for dinner and once in the Pub for breakfast). For breakfast, I had the Heavenly Veggie Hash...I would highly recommend it (large portion and delicious flavour)! For dinner on the patio, I had the Baron of Beef (the best I've had) and my hubby enjoyed the Creole Jambalaya.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to people wanting generous, yummy portions, quality service, and great atmosphere. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and accommodate our needs.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were visiting Victoria and asked one of the hotel staff for a recommendation for a lunch location on a patio. Since we had our car, she recommended The West Coast Tap House in the Langford area of Victoria. This is a wonderful patio setting. There is no real view as such, it is located within a tall stand of trees; however, it is not squeezed into this space and has a very open and airy feeling. There are several table locations that have shear curtains surrounding the tables for a peaceful, relaxing feeling. There are heat lamps throughout for those chilly days. The remainder of the restaurant is nicely laid out with space enough between the tables so that you do not get that crowded feeling.
Service was very good. We requested a beer that is not normally served at this restaurant. Kirsti, our server went out of her way and went to another restaurant on another floor to get us the beer.
For lunch we had some chicken and beef Tacos and a beef burger. The burger came with salad and fries and everything was very tasty. Service was timely and courteous.
No room for any dessert, so we just lingered over our drinks enjoying the background music and wonderful surroundings.
This patio is a little hard to find.
It is in the Sheraton Four Points, at the back on the same level as the lobby. You can drive around the building and park closer to the restaurant.
We would definitely recommend this restaurant and won't hesitate to go there again.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

My husband & I bought a Groupon for the Cedar Ultra Patio( same menu as the Tap House) and went for dinner after a trip to Costco. I took us a while to find the patio and once we got there we stood for a while at the entrance before we seated ourselves. We sat at a table close to the Bar & our waitress took our drink order right away but there was no menus available and our drinks took about 5 mins to arrive. I've been in the service industry for 30 years and could tell right away this place was in trouble. The patio is huge, there was only 4 servers on shift(2 of the girls were so new that they only had 4 tables each and the other 2 had the rest) they have to go all the way down to the Pub to get their food, no busgirl,no hostess and the bartender only came out from the Bar to serve a couple of his friends. We waited for a really long time to be served and waited a really long tome for our dinner(took us over 3 hours for a couple of beers, an appy & 2 entrees) Thankfully I new the Bartender that was down in the Taphouse so when he came up to say hi, I told him how awfull it was. He got a couple of the servers that were down in The Tap House to come up and give the other girls a hand but by then it was to late. Thanks Francois!! We watched a table of 4 sit for about 15 mins, the guy went up to bar to ask for a waitress and then about 10 mins later they left(not 1 person spoke to them) The couple at the table beside us were so mad they started getting rude to our waitress(she got upset and dissapeared for 10 min and they couldn't find her when people wanted to pay) they got their desert for free. The 3 people at the other table beside us complained so much that they got 50%off there whole bill. Another table of 2 waited so long to get there appies that they got everyting free and were given their groupon back to use another time. The food was wrong when we finally got it but we ate it anyways. The Manager needs to put the experienced girls on the Patio and the new girls down in the Tap House if the are going to have any repeat customers. I can't imagine how much free food they gave away that night and judging by the comments we heard most of thses people will never go back. Our little server admitted she had no experience and I felt horrible for her. Poorly organized, poor service & poor food. We won't ever go back!! If the Manager wants to contact me I would love to share some suggestions with him.

1  Thank danabananaVictoria