“Closed”

Add it.
Devour
Cuisines: Contemporary
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Sad to say this little gem closed in December 2013. It will definitely leave a hole in the restaurant scene here. Jen is a terrific chef.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Boy, oh boy, this is a tiny spot and given its location in a commercial-office area of Victoria, it is very likely to be too full to try at lunch time. But if you're lucky to find a place, you are in for a real treat!

The menu is daily and jotted on a blackboard above the till. You do have to order and pay before fully seating yourself, which can make the decision what to eat feel a bit rushed. Still the offerings range from simple to hearty and if you give in either to your instinct of what you are in the mood for, or accept the recommendation of the server, you're sure to be pleased ... although I will say: I am usually just a bit happier going with what my appetite level coupled with the weather suggests. The selections are largely French inspired but there is essence of Italy, German, and Westcoast in the flavours. The beverage selection is extensive and largely local, both alcoholic and non. While I'm not an alcohol drinker at lunch, if you were of the mind or there later in the day, you could pair local beers and regional wines to your heart's content.

My only true objection to this little place is that -- while one is never rushed by the servers -- the pressure to give the table over to someone in the waiting line can stand in the way of savouring the plate, and for me lingering over a coffee and dessert. If you just want a fabulously beautiful and quick meal, you can't go wrong with this little place.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Wow. Double wow. I've had a few things here and it's always a wow. Even the muffins are wow. The soups are amazing (right now you can buy containers for at home yum!). This place is easily missed, it's tiny so the only draw back is you may not get a seat, so what grab it to go, you won't regret it. I wish there was more veggie fare here but maybe it's for the best or I'd be here almost every day.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We found this place by shaking on Urbanspoon during our visit in Victoria. They're only open for dinner two nights a week and it happened to be one of those nights, so we thought we'd try it. The menu changes every day and only has a few items (2 apps, 3 mains, desserts) and cocktails. It made choosing very easy and we're not picky eaters.

I forget exactly what we had because it was a while ago, but we started with their homemade cocktails, then we shared starters and had mains. We were too full for dessert. I had a seafood paella which was very falvourful.

It's a very small cafe with about 10 or 12 seats. We were the only ones in there, so it was nice and personal.

1  Thank Gebusa
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Lovely, friendly service...succulent meat...phenomenal cheeses...and the MOST amazing flourless Belgian chocolate brownie...do NOT leave Devour without eating a brownie and do NOT leave Victoria without patronizing the amazing (but teenie) Devour. YUMMY! The menu changes daily but we sampled much of the menu (mmmMmmm...) and I can't imagine that anything they create would disappoint.