“Cheap as Chips”
Review of Pig BBQ Joint - CLOSED

Pig BBQ Joint
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Great place for lunch if you are on a budget and hankering for some meat. The stand in line and ordering was a bit out of my comfort zone, but the pleasant quick service made it worth it. We had 2 pulled pork sandwiches, 1 brisket sandwich and a 1/2 pound pulled pork with cornbread and beans with 4 iced teas and the bill was under $37.00; and that, you cannot beat. The pulled pork was lightly smokey and not over sauced, which I appreciated. What also worked for me was that the sandwiches were piled high with meat and the coleslaw was crunchy. Nothing was too greasy or too salty, so I'm giving it a big thumbs up for value. Next time I'd spend the extra $1.75 and get a side of coleslaw to top up the sandwiches, but I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Fun concept, service good & food delish! Great casual catch-up with long time friend over very good food! Would definately reccomend to others & will return myself

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Seemed like a neat little place. Stopped in to try the ribs. Coleslaw and corn bread were good. Have had better ribs. They were ok, but not something I feel I have to go back for. Price reasonable. Staff don't appear overly concerned about making you feel welcome. It is self service cafeteria style so you won't get waited on in here. This was the downtown Victoria location so I cannot speak for the other locations.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I liked Pig I had Fried Chicken and it was very tasty and not greasey. I found the pork a little on the heavy and oily side and the bun seemed a bit stale but still a lot better than most of my BBQ joint experiences.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We read it served the best pulled pork sandwich in Victoria and decided we'd give it a try. We both ordered the pulled pork sandwich, Philips lager and a donut each. The sandwich was smaller than expected and served in a pretty awful white bun. For the price, surely they could have stretched to a nice rye bread with seeds. The lager was okay, nothing special. My husband's donut was raw in the middle. The whole meal felt stodgy and like we'd eaten in a really horrible fast food restaurant. We won't be returning!

1  Thank UTBOR