“Excellent!”

$159.33*
60-Minute Deluxe Horse-Drawn Carriage Tour
Ranked #24 of 110 Tours in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1903, Tally-Ho Carriage Tours has been recognized as Victoria's iconic sightseeing experience. Let our majestic horses and professional guides escort you on a relaxing, entertaining tour through the city's historic, scenic beauty. Allow us to pick you up at your hotel or restaurant, and on cool evenings snuggle into comfort with our soft, faux-fur blankets.
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our driver was prompt at meeting us. Our horse, nick, was sure footed and steady. Not to mention a beautiful Belgium gelding. Our driver was polite and engaging. He took us through Becon Hill park, through an old neighborhood with beautiful Victorian homes. Then took us to Parliment buildings, in front of the Empress and through China town where he dropped us at our resteraunt; Matisse. Beautiful city and lovely ride. Would totally do it again!

want2btravelling30, Owner at Tally-Ho Carriage Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Our most beloved Nickel - yep, he's an amazing horse! We're so glad you enjoyed your time with him and Randy. Happy New Year!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We booked the carriage tour when in Victoria and found several positives. The owner of the company was very friendly, we had our own private carriage, staff members were willing to take pictures of us outside the carriage, and the city is really beautiful. We saw Beacon Hill Park, St. Ann's Academy, the Pariliament buildings, and the waterfront, and it was fun to have people wave at us as we passed by in the carriage.
With so many positives, you may wonder why I haven't rated the tour higher. That is related to the fact that I expected a little more information and narration during the tour. At the beginning of the tour we just rode along looking at buildings and did not know what we were seeing unless we asked. I finally started asking questions and after that the driver became a bit more informative. The driver would say that is Beacon Hill Park or that is Thunderbird Park and offered a few details. To be fair, any questions we asked were answered, but I know very little about Victoria so I didn't really know what to ask. Perhaps I misunderstood the information on the Web Site, but I was expecting more information than we heard. We were with a second couple, and they also felt the same way about the tour.
Basically, the tour was nice and if your only goal is a pleasant ride in a carriage, this is a good tour for you. We expected to get more information about the city, so the tour was not really memorable.

2  Thank thebusyone

Thank you for the feedback on your tour. Each driver does their best to 'read' a customer and provide the type of tour they are looking for. Sometimes this means less narration, sometimes it means more. It sounds like the right balance wasn't quite found. I do encourage all of our guests to ask questions and/or tell your driver if you'd like more information - they are all very knowledgeable about our beautiful city!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

What a beautiful, relaxing way to enjoy Victoria on our anniversary. Perfect guide, perfect horse and perfect weather. Pick up from hotel on time as requested. Thanks Tally Ho

want2btravelling30, Owner at Tally-Ho Carriage Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2012

Congratulations! Thanks for letting us share in your special day and we're glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Booked a 60 min tour, which is $170 before taxes. Was asked if I wanted to tip the driver in advance. Thought tips were for service and paid after? Perhaps the driver was insulted with the $10 tip, but I was not comfortable giving a large tip in advance, not knowing what I was getting. Business owner was very friendly. I had contacted her by text earlier in the day as I wasn't sure how busy Easter Sunday would be. My texts were replied to very quickly, so that was very good service. One hour tour went by very quickly and was just ok. Carriage upholstery is very worn, duct tape falling off, kind of shabby looking I thought. Anyway, if nothing else, a very relaxing thing to do in Victoria!

1  Thank SimplySusan62

Thank you for the feedback as it will help us improve. If a customer pays by credit card we would normally ask if they wanted to tip... but we do expect any sort of gratuity for the driver (or horse) to be based on your tour experience so the timing of when you were asked was off in this case. Overall, I'm glad you experienced the level of customer service we strive for!

Reviewed December 1, 2011

My husband and I did the 90 minute tour which goes by St. Ann's Academy, through Beacon Hill Park, by the waterfront, through the St. James Bay neighborhood, by the Empress and the Parliament buildings, through Old Towne, and through Chinatown. It was a great way to see the city. You have a personal tour guide, there are no windows obstructing the views and pictures, and you sort of feel like royalty because everybody waves at you. I would recommend this to anyone who visits Victoria!

3  Thank LizEWisconsin
want2btravelling30, Owner at Tally-Ho Carriage Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2011

We live in a beautiful city and I'm glad we were able to be part of your visit. Thank you for choosing Tally-Ho!