“Wonderful meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Confit Food & Wine
Ranked #101 of 1,177 Restaurants in Victoria
Cuisines: French, European, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Confit Food + Wine and is located on Oak Bay Ave in beautiful Victoria BC. Inspired by rustic French cooking, Chef Dwane shops daily to bring you the best that Vancouver Island has to offer. Whether it is meat from the local butcher, greens from farmers on Saanich Peninsula, or seafood from our waters. Check out Chef Dwane's fresh sheets and " What's Cookin" in our website to see what is growing in our garden and in season in the community. Reservations are recommended for our intimate dining room or our secret garden patio.
British Columbia
“Wonderful meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband & I dined here and enjoyed our meals very much. This is a traditional French restaurant - no west coast fusion/pacific cuisine here. I started with escargot - the usual garlic & butter treatment but that is exactly what I came for. The escargot were tender and tasty. The accompanying bread was excellent - french & rustic and a perfect match. I had the Coquille St. Jacques which was also very good. My husband had the lamb and enjoyed it as well. A garlic and herb presentation -simple but tasty. Service was excellent - efficient but welcoming. We were only one of three tables on the night we were there, which was sad to see. I hope that was an aberration as we definitely want to return for another dinner.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Portnoff

Victoria, Canada
“Classic French”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

If you are looking for classic French cuisine - you have found the perfect little restaurant with that French "Je ne sais quoi!" With its lovely French country atmosphere, and unpretentious, attentive cook/owner, you will find yourself well and pleased.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Lea N
Victoria, Canada
“Wonderful Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped by for an early dinner at 6pm. Michel was our waiter and Michel did double duty in the kitchen and checked on us. Both very capable gentlemen. If you find yourself in Oak Bay or if you are further away, worth your time to stop in! My steak was perfectly done to "melt in your mouth" perfection. The Escargot was perfect. A bit pricey but hey, you get what you pay for. We will return!

1 Thank Harold W
Victoria, BC
“Tres Bon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Happy Birthday to me! Love coming to Chez Michel for my birthday as it makes my day extra special. Michel offered my husband and me a lovely starter of his homemade duck and pork pate, bread and cornichons followed by mussels and then Saint Germain soup. I decided to have lamb chops (lamb lollipops!) and my husband took a lucious AAA fillet mignon. For our dessert we chose a decadent chocolate mousse and the super light and lemony cheesecake. One of the three wines we drank was really quite good from Lake Breeze Winery in the Okanagan worth every penny. It always feels to us like we are back in France for 3 hours. We like to take our time with our meals and Michel and Mike never try to "turn tables". Make sure you go soon and it doesn't have to be for a special occassion, but you will always be treated as if it was a special dinner.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Jane B
Vancouver, Canada
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

If I were sentenced to be executed at dawn, I would want Michel to cook my last dinner. The mussels were succulent and juicy, the French bread homemade and fresh, the venison and lamb mouthwatering, and the lemon cake light, tangy and not too sweet.

• Visited October 2013