“Will do in a pinch”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I really wanted to like this place based on some of the reviews I had read. It was just ok. Saucy food with vegetables that weren't particularly fresh tasting and over done chow mien noodles. I was. craving fresh hand made noodles and based on the reviews that was what I was expecting. Sadly that was not what I received.

1  Thank Melody P

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Everything we ordered was great. Beef and broccoli, shrimp fried rice, and chicken chow mein. Some of the freshest Chinese food we have had so far in Victoria.

1  Thank missbackpack23
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went here in an effort to avoid the touristy restaurants in Victoria and found this place. We were there at 5 pm when they opened and found the decor in need of some updating. We ordered the dumplings (very good), hot and sour soup (also good), and two other entree's. Frankly, neither empressed us and the bill with one beer ran $50. For the money, you're better off heading down to Chinatown and eating at the Ocean Garden Restaurant.

1  Thank Gj N
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our large walking group arrived without a reservation. We were seated promply and with a cheerful firendly attitude. Everything was great. We will definitely be back. i had the chicken dumplings and they were fabulous.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I might be slightly biased, because this is very near to where I work, so I "default" to Johns on any day where I want a good noodle soup or a nicely prepared noddle dish, but really - this place is always good. True - it isn't fancy in any way (simple, spartan, and eben a little banged-up inside) - but the food is top shelf, straight ahead, chinese food, prepared with care and served up by the owner or someone in his family it seems. Never a bad trip to this place, Take - Out is fast and efficient as well.