“Okay”

Dining options: Delivery
Cobble Hill, Canada
“Okay”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had not visited this location for a couple of years but had heard some positive reports so I thought I would try it for lunch. I was greeted warmly at the door, shown to my table and offered good service. I thought I would try one of their “lunch specials” (perhaps a mistake) and asked if I could substitute the wor wonton for hot and sour soup. They were most accommodating. The soup was acceptable, just not to my taste for hot and sour soup. I asked for a bowl of wor wonton to take home. It was most disappointing, very little flavour. In summary; good service, pleasant and clean atmosphere, just “okay” food.
I continue to search for "excellent Chinese food" in the Victoria area.

• Visited December 2012

Victoria, Canada
“Used to be the best soup in town”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We've been going to this place for many years. An unremarkable place in a small strip mall. But the soup was to die for! Home made noodles and the broth!!! Oh the broth!!! But then did they change hands? I don't know but there are different people there now and we've gone 3 times in the past few months and the broth tastes like water. Our favorite was the Spicy Ginger Chicken Noodle soup but no more ... lots of stuff in the soup but the broth had no taste. Yesterday we ordered the Wor Won Ton - just to give it one more try and we actually complained to the waiter that the broth tasted like water. He took a sample back to the 'chef' and came back with a small bowl of broth and said "The chef may have forgot to put something in the broth ... try this!" We did and it tasted like he'd simply put some boullion in it! We said as much. The soup was actually full of good won tons and lots of other veg so we ate that but left ALL the broth. They gave us 10% off for the lousy broth. Others may have notice the change in quality as well since we were there at lunch time and were the only ones there the whole time. If they don't get it together the place will soon be closed!

• Visited December 2012
Big Ego, BC
“Loved it.”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Hand made noodles and dumplings!! They will cook them any style. We had steamed dumpling that were fantastic. The shanghai noodles were quickly dispatched by my kids. We also have beef and snow peas. Beef was rich and silky from the marinade. Service was good, waitress was in training and I usually have a wide margin of forgiveness for young staff. Bill was $20 per head which is fine since we had leftovers as well.

Location is off the beaten track in a small strip mall. Nothing fancy, just great food.

• Visited August 2012