I just came back from a one night stay at this motel and feel that it does not deserve the 3 star rating given by AAA for the following reasons.
1. The place is dated notwithstanding the renovations.
2. There were spiders between the ceiling and the wall.
3. No elevator and guests have to walk and carry the luggage through flights of very narrow stair ways.
4. The walls are so thin that one can hear the next room guest’s coughing and sneezing, and when next door guest closes their door, the wall shakes.
5. The radio clock in my room all of a sudden went out when I turned on my bed and as it turned out, both plugs for the bedside light and the radio were sitting between the mattress and the box spring which is a hazard.
6. When I phoned the front desk at 9pm concerning a problem with the shower(The cold water tap was jammed, and a member of my family almost got burned by the hot water). It rang without being answered. And when I went to the office in person, the clerk said she was the only one on duty and could not get to the phone. While trying to be helpful, was unable to offer us another room as the hotel was full, and indicated the earliest she can get a maintenance person would be 9m in the morning and suggested the family use the shower in the pool area. I offered to fix the problem myself if she can lend me some tools, she did not have any. She did phone me back later and said she found the maintenance person except I have already fixed the problem using my own tools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Garden City is yours to explore at our Victoria, BC hotel Enjoy a beautiful seaside getaway and warm energy when you choose our Days Inn Victoria Uptown hotel. Located in the heart of scenic historic uptown Victoria, and minutes from the Inner Harbour area, our pet-friendly Victoria, BC hotel offers easy access to Victoria International Airport (YYJ), as well as our fair city's many delights. Add thoughtful amenities that include two on-site restaurants, free WiFi, well-appointed guest rooms, and warm hospitality, and your stay at our hotel in Victoria is assured of ultimate comfort. Enjoy free WiFi, an indoor pool, and two on-site dining options Among Victoria, BC hotels , ours is well-equipped with amenities that ensure satisfaction. Break a sweat in our fitness centre, swim a few laps in our indoor pool, and relax in our sauna. Our spacious guest rooms feature free WiFi, mini-refrigerator, 43-inch flat-screen TV, and coffee maker, and kitchenette suites are also available. We also offer a business center and airport transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Days Inn Victoria Uptown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Victoria Hotel Victoria
- Travel Lodge Victoria
- Victoria Travelodge
- Victoria Travel Lodge