All reviews great location gatsby mansion included breakfast older hotel underground parking inner harbor first floor clipper ferry within walking distance old world charm breakfast room fisherman's wharf black ball ferry beds were comfortable front desk staff nice stay bit dated
Reviewed January 8, 2017

We enjoyed our stay at the Huntingdon Manor. We booked it as a package with the ferry from Port Angeles. We found the staff very helpful and accommodating - they were always available to answer our questions. Also, even though we had booked a discounted room with the package, we were able to check-in early, and they gave us a room with the view of the harbour. The room itself was nice, a typical hotel room. The only real drawback was that it was cold. I'm not sure if the heating system was broken or just not up to a New Year's cold snap, but it just seemed to blow cold air. The hotel distributed space heaters to all the rooms, and we just unplugged the window unit.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank 126joev
Mary Bea M, Guest Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
We apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort that you experienced during your stay.
We recently had new air conditioning/ heating units installed. During the New Year's period, Victoria experienced record low temperatures. Our new units unfortunately malfunctioned during this time . Our staff did their best to make sure that the rooms affected were given space heaters.
The units have since been repaired and although we don't want to have those frigid temperatures to return- we are confident that our guests will be warm and cozy.
We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed January 6, 2017

We were very pleased with our accommodations as we hadn't stayed here before. It is an interesting property with a couple of historic houses and very well located near the harbour and Parliament Buildings.. We stayed in the hotel proper and found the room a good size and very comfortable. There were some problems with the heater/air conditioner which had apparently been recently installed. Clearly we weren't the only ones affected but the management was very prompt in responding to our call and immediately brought up a space heater. The breakfast was very generous with both hot and cold items and the service staff were always cheerful and accommodating. We appreciated the underground parking but were not aware that there would be a charge for using it. This was not mentioned on the web site.

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
Our heating/ air conditioning units were recently installed . There were some malfunctions which have since been remedied. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

I had gone on a walking tour some time ago and we passed The Gatsby Mansion. Since then, I have been mesmerized by its beauty. When we were looking for a place to stay in the area, I was pleased to see that rooms at The Huntingdon Manor Hotel were available -- part of the same property as The Gatsby Mansion.

Before I had looked online at the exterior of the hotel, and it looked rather institutional. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by how nicely the property was decorated and the lobby had great character!

The rooms and hallways of the hotel were nothing to write home about -- but I will say the rooms were larger than I expected. I can see that some efforts were made to update the rooms. For example, the artwork on the walls was modern, and the bedding had been updated. However, there were some issues. The door handle the the bathroom had the lock broken (the button that you pushed into the handle was left exposed with just a piece protruding out. Technically it still locked, but it certainly wasn't very nice looking, and may have been a bit sharp if children were around). Additionally, the sink and the bathtub seemed to drain extraordinarily slow -- particularly the sink. I had to pause and let the sink drain before I continued washing up at night. When taking a shower, I was always standing in an inch or two of water.

We did have an issue with noise, and unfortunately, I did have to alert the front desk to it. This is not something I've ever had to do -- or want to do -- but I truly couldn't sleep. The manager dealt with it quickly and professionally, and we had no issues after that.

All this being said, the staff really standout at this hotel. Everyone we spoke to was very friendly -- including housekeeping staff (who kept everything very clean). We checked in and checked out with the same gentleman, and he had an air about him like we were talking to an old friend. He certainly made a mundane process much more pleasant.

I also have to mention the complimentary breakfast! I've travelled a lot, and apart from one hotel I stayed at in Germany, this was the best complimentary breakfast I have encountered in terms of variety. They had eggs, hashbrowns, ham, bacon, waffles, fresh fruit, cereals, oatmeal, toast, juice, coffee and more! On New Year's Day, the line up was quite long, and the lady seating everyone was working really hard. She was so friendly despite the rush!

Thank you for the great stay! We would recommend it!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mary Bea M, Guest Relations Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
Your comments are valuable in assisting us to improve our facilities.
Your bathroom issues have been addressed and remedied by our maintenance department.
Your positive observations regarding our cusrtomer service are much appreciated.
We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

I stayed here for three nights and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.
The room was very clean and comfy.
The continental breakfast was very tasty. The dining room was cozy and the waiters were attentive.
I would stay here again. I liked being able to walk to the harbour and the downtown area. Next time, I would like to book their high tea in The Gatsby Mansion.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
Our afternoon tea is excellent and something to look forward to on your next visit.
We look forward to your return in the New Year!.

Reviewed January 3, 2017

My wife and I stayed at the hotel over the New Year's Eve weekend. We were initially surprised at how good the price was including breakfast for such a nice room. When we arrived we were very happy the quality of the hotel from the inside. When we entered our room we were extremely happy because it was gorgeous and very clean. The breakfast was very good and for free, quality was great. The staff was very nice and all-around we are definitely excited to go back

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Huntingdon Manor.
Your kind comments regarding the facilities, the quality of breakfast and our customer service are very much appreciated by all of our staff.
We are likewise excited to have you come back to stay with us on your next visit to Victoria.
Happy New Year!