Huntingdon Manor Hotel
Hotel Rialto(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$137
  • Restaurant
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$151
$141
$184
$70
$220
$211
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$160
Embassy Inn(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$124
$115
Days Inn Victoria Uptown(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$93
Hotel Zed(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$143
$95
Travelocity
$168
getaroom.com
All reviewsgreat locationgatsby mansionincluded breakfastunderground parkingan older hotelclipper ferryinner harborwithin walking distancefirst floorhot breakfastbreakfast roomstay there againold world charmfisherman's wharfblack ball ferrybed was comfortableenjoyed our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2013

The room I stayed in was dirty and dusty. The carpet was badly stained with these brown spots. The bed skirt was filthy dirty with white substance on them. The covers on top of the bed was was very old. The hotel didn't' have AC, though it did come with a fan but I was too afraid to use since it will only blow the dust everywhere.

I woke up at 2 am with severe hives all over my body, legs arms, neck and face. It's been 4 days since my stay and I still have rash all over my body. I believe my allergic reaction was caused by dust mites since i know I am allergic to dust and dust mites. My husband who's not allergic to dust nor dust mite got very itchy when he slept in the bed. We had to change room at 3am in the morning, though at the point, all my clothes have already been contaminated with the allergens since they are airborne. I had to take Benadryl every 2 hrs to control my hives! We didn't' get back to sleep until 4-5am.

This whole experience ruined the rest of my trip. I had to carefully steam my luggage and the content inside to ensure I;m not bringing any of the dust mites back home. It has been a hassle trying to clean my luggage and all of its content while still on vacation. I had to take many many Benadryl to control my rash and hives which made me very drowsy and unable to function properly.

The hotel didn't do anything to compensate me, all they said was " [They] do not have any general medical experience and would not want to speculate on what could have caused the body reaction you are describing, but I am very certain that is was not the room your stayed in at the time".

The General Manager, Bernd Bohl has now decided to ignore my calls, he either let it go to voice mail, or he'll pick up and hang up right away. Very very poor services.

I strongly recommend to stay away from this hotel. I have read previous TripAdvisor reviews and it seems like the cleanliness of the hotel has been an ongoing problem that management have yet to act on it and probably won't bother with.

1  Thank 613VC
HuntingdonVictoria, General Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

We do apolgize very much for the inconveniences you encountered while staying with us.
However, and as I mentioned in the communication we had wth you after your departure, the room you had occupied was thoroughly and professionally inspected the very next morning and no evidence of any infestation was found and the room received a "clean bill of health".
Our staff does infact not have the necessary medical experience to make any suggestions in regards to the symptoms you described to us.

We are very sorry to hear your stay with us was not as pleasant as you expected it to be, but would like to offer some type of compensation on your next visit to our Hotel.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We rented a Queen room with loft.
Our room was not ready by 3 PM which is the designated check-in time. Twice we were told to come back until another clerk switched us to a room that was ready.
Decor definately needs updating. Carpet was extrememly dirty and stained. Bathroom and kitchn faucets were hard to pull on and water sprayed all over. Shower head extremely hard to adjust spray.
Queen bed though comfortable, squeeked a lot and the slightest move made a huge racket.
Pillows were so flat they might as well not had any pillows. TV was of the older version and should be upgraded to a flat screen.
Housekeeping never had our room cleanred until 4 - 5 PM.

Room Tip: Selecting a different room will not change the hotel service.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HuntingdonVictoria, General Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for having stayed with us and thank you for taking the time to post your comments, we do appreciate your feedback.
We are happy to hear you did enjoy your stay, but do understand your comments regarding the required renovations and upgrades.
The property is in the process of being aquired by a new ownership and we are very much hoping to be able to start a renovation process in the very near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Booked this at the information centre on arrival in Victoria. We booked for 2 nights before we actually saw the place ..........would perhaps only stayed for 1 night but couldn't be bothered to change hotels. The room was very spacious with a kitchen area, table and 2 chairs. I never realised that there were so many shades of brown!!!!! Despite having 2 large windows the room was dingy and miserable and BROWN!!!! I don't mind the colour brown but not on walls, floors, bedding and soft furnishings. The bed was made up on our second day and looked as if it had then been sat on as the bedspread was all crumpled and untidy despite having clearly been made - weird. The lighting was poor in the bedroom making the whole place even more dingy!!! Shame as externally the building looked quite quaint and potentially it could be wonderful. The lounge area has a log fire and the entrance could be very welcoming but it's all brown and dingy............if this place gets a make over then it might be worth a visit as the room was a good size, clean and location is excellent.

2  Thank Heather D

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time and posting your comments, we appreciate your feedback.
In behalf of all our employees, I do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered while staying with us. It is our goal to improve the physical appreance of the property and the service levels in all departments.
Once aquired by a new ownership, we are committed to be renovating the property within hopefully the next few months
We sincerely hope you will be returning and staying with us in the future.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was my second stay here. I consider this a hotel more of a service hotel vs vacation hotel. I live up island so if I have an appointment in Victoria this is the best value for location. The hotel is old and it shows. But front desk is friendly and the rooms are clean. My room had no air conditioning so it was hot and stuffy. I don't think I'd stay here in the summer months again. The location is great though and you can walk to all the inner harbour attractions.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle W
HuntingdonVictoria, General Manager at Huntingdon Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we do appreciate your comments.
In behalf of all our employees we thank you for the opportunity to have been your host and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in the hopefully near future.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Pros: Inexpensive, Great Location
Cons: Needs a major renovation, OLD OLD OLD and not in a good way. Cheap fittings all around. Their solution to air conditioning is a small fan that you place on the window.

The only reason this hotel should be considered is because of it's great location, if you just need a place to sleep at night, this just might be the answer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest
Thank you for having been our guests and thank you for taking the time and posting your comments, we appreciate your feedback.
We are happy to hear you did enjoy your stay and do look forward to welcoming you again in the hopefully near future.