My husband, young son and I stayed at the Huntingdon Hotel & Suites in September 2012. We were staying in Victoria for a day and chose the Huntingdon for it's location and what we saw online. It appeared to be a clean, newer more modern style hotel. Well looks are deceiving. The hotel in reality is NOTHING like the pictures online. First and foremost. Its old, and the rooms are smelly. There is a lack of ambience and the front desk staff were just "ok". When we opened the door to our room, I noticed that room had a very unpleasant odour, stale and dirty. I inspected the room to make sure that it was at least clean. I was very disappointed to see that the bed duvet/cover was stained all over. This was unacceptable. I was later informed that they had no other duvets available. They offered us another room but after already being somewhat settled in, we didn't want to move everything over into another room. I told the front desk staff to just take the dirty duvet out of the room. Next was the crib they provided. How disgusting. DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY! How can any hotel feel good about providing a crib/playpen in that state? There were so many stains on it , it didn't look as if it was cleaned in months or even at all. I would never let my child sleep in that kind of filth. The hotel should really be embarassed for providing such mediocre amenities. I understand the place needs updates and I have been to hotels that are not exactly "new" but at least keep the place clean. The windows, the curtains ..dirty dirty dirty. How can you enjoy and relax in a hotel like this? I think as the manager of this hotel I would make CERTAIN that the cleanliness is up to par! People work hard for their money and when they save up to go on a holiday they should at least be greeted by a clean room. Not comforters that are stained. gross. At least upon check out we were given a parking credit of 30 dollars after this unsatisfactory stay. I do hope that this hotel improves because the location is really good and convenient. Don't show nice pictures on line and be something different in reality. MK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the warm ambiance of this classic Victoria hotel. Newly re-furbished rooms, bi-level gallery suites, free WiFi, pet-friendly rooms, and a wide range of amenities and services are available to help make your stay a memorable one. The Huntingdon Manor Hotel, located in Victoria's Inner Harbour, is only a short walk into downtown and directly across the street from the Coho and Victoria Clipper ferries. Featuring 113 non-smoking guest rooms varying in layout and dimensions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Huntingdon Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Huntingdon Hotel And Suites
- Huntingdon Hotel Victoria