“A Great Place to Stay”
Review of Ramada Victoria

Ramada Victoria
Ranked #45 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We were given an excellent medical rate at the Ramada in Victoria. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw our room. It was comfortably furnished with a king size bed with loads of pillows, a love seat, a table and chairs, all amenities. I found our accomodation clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff were gratious and helpful and it made what was a difficult time a little easier for me.

Lynne S.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
General_Manager123, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for the time taken in writing a review of our hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback you provided us and we're glad you had a comfortable stay in our newly appointed rooms.

Please come back soon to visit us. We are looking to open our Movie Lounge; an added amenity for all our guests, by the beginning of next year!

There are newer reviews for Ramada Victoria

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We were very pleased at the quality of rooms and especially customer service for the price at Ramada. We did not rent a vehicle while in Victoria so we really appreciated the complimentary shuttle service to downtown and back.
The rooms are clean with new carpets, nice duvets, and our view over the pool/patio was nice (lot's of sun). We did not swim in the pool but it looked well kept.
The customer service from the staff at the front desk is what stood out most to us. We travel often and rarely experience genuine friendly hotel staff like this. Several of the girls at the front desk went out of their way to help us plan activities and really treated us like family. (Sarah and Roxy)
We visited the new restaurant here, "Flavour" for breakfast and once for dinner. We were amazed to find food of this quality in anything but a 5 star resort. We are somewhat 'foodies' and our dinner at this restaurant was one of the best meals we have ever had. The service was excellent and the Chef even came out to our table to say hello, very nice touch.
We visited the pub downstairs 'Hecklers' for "Comedy Night", we were so pleased with the entertainment right on site and were even given a round of drinks just for being hotel guests.

Again, we travel often and VERY much appreciate good customer service. Great Job Ramada! :)

K&P

Room Tip: Over Looking the Pool/Patio was Nice.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
General_Manager123, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2011

Thank you very much for the great compliments given to our staff and property! I'm glad we got to provide you with the stellar customer service that we're known for and that you also got to enjoy your stay. What else can you ask for! = )

We have been getting many great reviews on our new Flavour restaurant and for Chef Rob Cassels. I'm glad you enjoyed their food! They'll be hosting a "Dining in the Dark" event next month! Heckler's is the hot spot in our area, not only for being a full sports bar but because of their famous "Comedy Nights".

Have a great fall and we hope to accommodate you on your next visit to Victoria!

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Less expensive than downtown but good location for sightseeing such as Hatley Park and Craigdarroch Castle. The room was adequate size with a balcony. Everything was clean. The indoor parking was so bad there was not a single car there. We parked in the outside lot which had good lighting and had no problems.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank IVAN H
General_Manager123, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and I'm glad we got to make your stay memorable one. We are known for our location, being only a few minutes away from the Inner Harbour but close to everything else as well!

I'm pleased we got to provide you with the stellar customer service that we're known for and we all look forward to continue providing this service on your next trip to the Upper Harbour - Victoria area! We have gone through many changes, and will still continue our light renovations till the end of the year.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

I just spent 2 nights at the Ramada in Victoria, and I was very pleased with everything. It was only rated as a 3 star, so I didn't go in expecting high end accommodations, but it delivered on everything that I expected. What I got for a very fair price was, lots of free and secure parking. A check in that was quick and staffed by friendly people. My room was extremely clean with all the necessary amenities, coffee maker, toiletry items, small fridge and free wireless internet. My bed was comfortable, the area was quite and I had a great night's sleep. By car, the Ramada is only a few minutes from downtown, but if you did not have a vehicle, it would be too far to walk (in my opinion) There is a also a restaurant on site which I only had breakfast at, but was pleased with the selection, price and service.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank sunwor
General_Manager123, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Thank you very much for the great compliments given to our property, service and location! I'm glad we got to provide you with the stellar customer service that we're known for and that you also got to enjoy a nice quiet, clean and comfortable room during your stay. What else can you ask for! = ) For the quality of product that we have, it's definitely a great value, and I'm glad you got to see that and experience it for yourself.

Have a great fall season and we hope to accommodate you on your next long visit to Victoria!

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Obtained a relatively fair price on Priceline for my three-day stay at the Ramada Victoria Hotel, but doubt I would return. Of particular concern for me was the cleanliness of the room and the hotel in general, and, more significantly, the fact that the hotel is right next to a liquor store, so there were often undesirables hanging out in the (small) parking lot. On a favorable note, the outdoor, heated pool was a welcome respite from my busy day, even with the cooler/rainy weather. Additionally, one of the front desk clerks, Monica (from Argentina, I believe), was an absolute delight, engaging, warm and friendly, exactly what I needed after the stress of my obligations in Victoria.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms looking onto the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
General_Manager123, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel! It was a pleasure having you stay with us; I'm glad your stay was a comfortable one and that our customer service level was to your satisfaction.

We are known for the "one stop shop hotel" because of everything we have at our property. In additional to our beautifully renovated guest rooms and kitchenette suites, we have a full service restaurant within our lobby, a full sports bar & grill featuring their famous Comedy Nights, a barber shop, and indeed a liquor store for your convenience.

We look forward in seeing you again on your next visit to Victoria. Have a great summer!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

The parking lot is way to small. even handicapt parking was always occupied by non handicapt drivers. Rooms are OK, pool looked allright but it was to chill to swim.
the bar was dirty, there was a kind of stand up comedian contest going on. not clean, dirty glasses ...
On the parking there were always hanging strange, and some drunken peoples around. that does'nt give the hotel clients a friendly impression and welcome.
i think there are safer neighborhoods in this city. But after all it was a good stay, the rooms made it worth well. ( and the friendly receptionist too)

Room Tip: try to ask a room on the back side.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank BigWLier
General_Manager123, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

We appreciate the review left for our hotel. I apologize that you didn't get to have a quiet of a stay as you wanted. I am glad that our rooms were to your liking as well as our great customer service which we're known for!

One of the great things about our property is not only do we feature a full service restaurant within the lobby but also the popular Heckler's Bar & Grill which they''re famous for their Comedy Nights. During your stay, the pre-season for NHL had started and they received a bigger and not usual crowd that they normally don't get. We are in a very safe area, and that's one of the advantages of being outside of downtown.

Please come back again so that we can provide you with customer service and product we're known for, and we'll make sure your next stay is more of a comfortable one.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I travel to Victoria from up Island in Campbell River. We love the drive down , the bountiful vineyards and local farms. We usually stay right down town but decided we wanted a more peaceful retreat for just the two,of us. We had a gorgeous room, swam the outdoor pool several times and enjoyed a local Greek dinner at Il Grecos restauarant. A great lazy quiet weekend just cruising down town Victoria, her many shops and of course, our favourite, dim sum in Chinatown, cheers. Great time so thank you to the Ramada Team. We will be back at Christmas.

Room Tip: Top floor so you can view the down town and the water, very pretty both day and night, quiet and jus...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CampbellRiverJimmer
General_Manager123, General Manager at Ramada Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you very much for the great compliments given to our staff and property! I'm glad we got to provide you with the stellar customer service that we're known for and that you also got to enjoy a nice quiet, clean and comfortable room during your stay. What else can you ask for! = )

Have a great summer and we hope to accommodate you on your next long visit to Victoria!