“Beautiful Spring Flowers”

and up
Horse-Drawn Carriage Tour of Beacon Hill Park
Ranked #3 of 179 things to do in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: This park holds a tree planted by Winston Churchill in 1929.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful Spring Flowers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Perfect for a relaxing stroll. The flowers are incredible and if you enjoy ducks there are plenty of them. The peacocks will come right up to you, expecting a treat I assume. The only disappointment was watching an ignorant parent encourage her children to chase a wounded duck that couldn't easily get away from them. Brats.

1 Thank LizzysAuntie

• Turkish first
Atlanta,GA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“STUNNING GARDENS AND GREAT FOR KIDS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I am an avid gardener and have visted gardens all over the US and Europe. Beacon Hill ranks as one of my favorites for its combination of beautiful plantings and child friendliness. My 9 and 7 year old kids wanted to spend all day every day playing there. We visited in early April and flowers were already in bloom all over the garden. It must be spectacular later in the season. I think it is on par with nearby Butchart Gardens and its free! It is walking distance from the harbor. A real treasure in a wonderful town.

2 Thank CWWATLANTA
Ottawa, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful garden in spring”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Wandered around this lovely park. Though right downtown, it is peaceful & spacious. (Less peaceful near the petting zoo on the Sunday we were there, but looked like fun!)
Lots of lovely spring blooms. Some great water features. Easy parking.

1 Thank J k
Kamloops, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Flowers in April are Spectacular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Spent hours here, visiting the petting zoo, taking pictures of the flowers, turtles, and water features. Restful! Gorgeous!

1 Thank Rosemary S
Okanagan Falls, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Everytime I Come Here Is Like a First Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I've been coming here with my family since I was a kid. It's always wonderful to pet the animals and see the birds and smell the flowers.

Bringing my son for the first time was just as fun as me coming when I was a kid. Having the goats climbing on my back and taking pictures of the kids having them climb on their backs was awesome. What fun!

The peacocks were showing off for us too was awesome to see :) I got a video of one fluttering its feathers as he was showing off.

Then we went through the flower gardens and discovered a log of turtles:)

Later we went over to Clover Point to fly kites, because that's part of the tradition with a day at Beacon Hill and this year was the first time in my life that there was no wind! We got the kites up but they didn't stay up.

I'd recommend this day of free parks and family fun for everyone. The petting zoo does have a suggestion of donations but it's not a fee...

2 Thank TLynneWrites