“superlative care taken in our experiance, really enjoyed it.”

Amethyst Inn at Regents Park
Ranked #55 of 91 Victoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 13, 2006

Beautifully restored, magnificent attention taken in the details, and incredible gormet breakfasts. And that was just the tip of the iceberg. I highly recommend it, it was well worth the price, and we will be going back soon!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank labpjl

Reviewed August 30, 2006

Our stay at the Amethyst Inn was simply delightful! Abel, Shelley and their family welcomed us warmly and made us feel as cherrished guests. The Amethyst Inn's location was easy to find and near enough to local attractions to make it an excellent choice for accomodations. The staff had extensive knowledge of the area and was gracious and kind. We will definitely make the Amethyst Inn our B&B of choice when we visit beautiful Victoria, BC.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank MorningGloryQuilt
Reviewed August 26, 2006

The Amethyst Inn is a beautiful historic Victorian mansion that has been lovingly restored to its full glory but with all the modern comforts. It has thirteen rooms all with their own interest and features (They put the unoccupied rooms on display). It is being run by a family new to the B&B trade who go out of their way to be gracious and helpful and the food was first rate. We have never been inspired to write a review before but my wife and I agree this was an exceptional experience worth passing on.

3  Thank LOUD5
Reviewed August 6, 2006

My husband and I just came back from a wonderful 4 day vacation in Victoria. This was our first visit and we will certainly go back. We wanted to stay at an B & B and luckily, we chose the Amethyst Inn. What a beautifully restored Victorian gem! The location was just great. It is so central - minutes away to downtown, drives along the coastal Beach Road and easy access to the main routes for our excursions to the Gardens and Sooke (Great places to visit). The new owners, Abel and Shelley as well as the charasmatic and jovial general manager John Williams were exceptionally hospitable and accomodating. They were most helpful in directing us to great restaurants, excursions and day trips. Our days began with a gourmet breakfast. Juice, fresh fruits and yogurt, a changing selection of eggs from benedict to beautiful omelets with smoked salmon, each day accompanied by freshly baked muffins, scones or croissants!! The service was excellent, friendly and not stuffy. They really made an effort to make us feel at home. We stayed in the coach house which was charming. The bed was very comfortable and the jacuzzi bath was welcomed after a long day. We thought we may miss not having a TV in our room, but in the end it was just great sitting outside reading at the end of the day. We would definitely go back to Victoria and The Amythest Inn will be our first choice for accomodations. You'll love it!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 4everyoung
A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed July 7, 2006

I am very pleased on amethyst-inn, and have already recommended to people and other foreigners I met on my victoria stay. I was especially pleased of service I got concidering changes on my travelling schedule.

I am not have schedule to stay in victoria. I miss my ferry and can't find place to stay. I phone one of my friend in vancouver and he give me amethyst-inn number and met Mr. cheng (the owner) and stay a night. Amethyst-inn is the standard I expected it to be, service was good and we had even the room ready before we check in. I stay in B&B many occationally but this one is special. There are so many (only 13 rooms) rooms with different style. You can find it from their web site. The owner is chinese. I think is taiwanness. Heritage property and very good hospitable. The servant is their daughter, cute and always smiling. The breakfast is good and even we miss the breakfast time. Normally people need stay at least 2 days but he give us this exception. The ownner said, he chance the regulation for us. What's a touch. You should come there and see it.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, ON, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2006

Victoria is a great place to visit for its beautiful garden and the coast but if you miss this magnificent hotel your trip will not be fulfilled. My family have visited Victoria early June and stayed at this hotel for the whole week. We felt not only the great hotel but the warm service from the hotel management has left us with a very sweet momory of the trip.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member