Amethyst Inn at Regents Park
Hotel Rialto(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$137
  • Restaurant
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$151
$211
Official Site
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
Coast Victoria Hotel & Marina by APA(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$159
Hotels.com
Embassy Inn(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$124
$115
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Days Inn Victoria Uptown(Victoria)(Great Value!)
$93
Very Good 4/5
$168
getaroom.com
Good 3.5/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We agree with all the compliments about this Inn that the other reviewers have given. But unfortunately, our visit was seriously marred by the weather - something that we did not anticipate, and the Inn was not equipped to handle. We stayed at the Inn for two nights during the first week of August. Victoria was unexpectedly hot. Our room on the top floor (The Windsor) reached 90 F (30 C), and even with a fan, was very miserable. We had difficulty getting any sleep at all, and couldn't bear to spend any time in the room. I typically enjoy taking an afternoon nap after a busy day of sightseeing, but that was impossible. It never occurred to us that a) Victoria's weather could get that hot and b) if it did, that the Inn would not have air conditioning. We found out later that the first two weeks of August can often be quite hot. Bad timing on our part. Since there are at least four rooms on the top floor, make sure to inquire before you book. The staff was not very helpful, although I'm not sure what they could have done since the Inn was full when we were there. One other point, English is not the first language of most of the staff so communication was somewhat difficult. Not necessarily a problem unless you have an issue.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NCBirders
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We love character inns--we go out of out way to stay at them. The amethyst was lovely on first appearance, but once inside the room kinda average. Perhaps we went in with too high expectations but the room really was just old not really special like the Gatsby Inn. The breakfast was excellent but the hosts made you feel at little on edge. They tried to be unobtrusive and wound up just making us feel unwelcome. This was in no way their intent but I would have liked to feel comfortable enough to converse with them and other guests, this was not the case. The other problem was the location. We had a vehicle, but what I love about Victoria is that it is such a great walking city but we were a little too far out.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deb F
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I found this place by chance on the internet and we were encouraged by the reviews on Tripadvisor. This beautifully preseved establishment is charming and period details are gorgeous. Do NOT be put off it not being in Down-Town Victoria - there is plenty of transport into DT which is no more than 10 mins away by bus. We even walked into DT area. The Rocklands area where the B&B is located is also of historic importance. The B&B is spacious, immaculately kept, rooms are beautifully decorated. Breakfast is lovely - we had omlette and home-made scones washed down with fresh fruit and fresh orange juice. A glass a sherry provided by the host was a fitting end to long day of touring and sightseeing. I cannot find the words to explain how helpful and accomodating the B&B hosts were. One of the best places I have stayed in (and I have travelled quite a bit). Top quality.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2012

If you like to stay in beautiful old homes that have stood the test of time, this is a wonderful inn with incredible detail and lasting quality that you will enjoy. An automated gate leads to private grounds. During our stay Serina, Olivia and Dennis made us feel very welcome, offering delicious three course breakfasts each morning. A beautiful staircase lead to our elegant room decorated with antiques, a period fireplace and a very comfortable bed. A short distance by car to the inner harbor and all attractions. Victoria is a beautiful city and this home with all its history is definitely one of its jewels.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AllysonLea
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Amethyst Inn for one night on May 12, 2012. The hostess, Olivia, was very gracious and attentive. She made arrangements for our breakfast to be served to us a little later than usual in order to accommodate my husband's schedule after running the Oak Bay 1/2 marathon. Breakfast was served for us after he finished and we ate at 10:00 a.m. instead of earlier. Also, my in-laws stopped by for Mother's Day as well as to cheer on my husband. Olivia welcomed them with scones and coffee since they joined us while my husband and I ate breakfast. And the breakfast was absolutely delicious! Highly recommended and they delivered 100%

The location was perfect as the start-line for the 1/2 marathon was only 2 km down the road, which was extremely convenient for my husband to just jog to the start-line.

We had a very good sleep in the quaint little room, which came with it's own little fridge and onsuite full bathroom.

If you enjoy old-style charm, an amazing breakfast, and delux service then this is the place for you!

Room Tip: We had a very quiet stay in the room we had, so I have nothing to report regarding this venue.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple