“Best in Vic”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed February 25, 2014

After many years of business trips to Vic, I've found
this amazing accommodation. I was attending a workshop here and I was impressed by the friendly service, location
And breakfast. My colleague encouraged me to try
The Magnolia the next time I was in town. I glad I did!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (2,846)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here for Valentines Day weekend and had the best service we have ever had. I had called to confirm the reservation on to see if they had wine glasses in the room. The girl I spoke to was named Vanessa and she was amazing. She asked questions about us and was very easy to talk to. She acted like we were people not just customers! Which is very rare these days! My bf had called the front desk (unbeknownst to me) and he had Richard organize flowers to be waiting in the room. He got three roses because my favourite number is three and several other specific flowers. Awesome service and of course I love it. And because of Vanessa there was wine glasses in the room. Everything worked out perfectly. Oh and breakfast that was included the next day was very good.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed at the Magnolia for one night and were not disappointed. We chose the hotel based on trip advisor reviews and their high rating is well deserved. It is very central, you could not ask for a better location. We were able to walk from the bus station on arrival and to the ferry on departure.

We were also upgraded to their Signature Diamond Room (their best room) which was a pleasant surprise considering we were travelling with an infant. It was large, beautifully furnished and had lovely views of the Legislative building. The included continental breakfast was more than adequate with the option to add on a hot cooked option for a small price.

We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had a corner room, which has lots of space, bathrooms are a bit dated but always clean. Tub and Shower are separate which is nice. Try get their specials where you get money off towards the spa or restaurant - great deal. Just make sure to book their spa ahead of time as they are busy.
Location is in walking distance of shopping and restaurants. They have a tea and coffee area in lobby. Valet service was always prompt and friendly. Oh and the green wrapped chocolates at turn down are the best. We will return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Always a pleasure staying here. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Location is great - good restaurants are within walking distance. Beds are very comfortable. Boutique hotel is very quaint and charming.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had a two day mini vacation over Valentines day and your staff made it the perfect get away. Always cheerful and helpful and true pros at what they do, the staff is the driving force there and I hope are rewarded for all the hard work they preform. This is what we think the best hotel in Victoria BC.
Andrew J Maurer.

Thank Andrew / Annett... M
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you Andrew & Annette for your lovely feedback on your Valentine's Stay.

I truly appreciate the kind words for the hotel team.
We truly are lucky to have an exceptional team of professionals, and I am so pleased to hear
that they had a great impact on your stay.

I hope we see you back again soon with us,

Best Wishes,

Bill

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Email: GM@Magnoliahotel.com

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The spa treatments they provide are the best we have ever had! I had the deep tissue massage. My wife raved about the stone massage and facial treatments. We did have a Diamond room. You do get a view of the harbor but it is not an unobstructed view. Still nice. Fireplace adds a great touch. Room was spacious and very nice. We needed a get away. This fit our needs perfectly.

Dear Rey,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your getaway with us at The Magnolia.
On behalf of our entire team we truly appreciate the lovely feedback
about the room, the massage and the fireplace.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon on your next visit,

Best Wishes,