“Will definetly stay again”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Victoria
Vancouver, Canada
“Will definetly stay again”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Spend 2 nights here with my fiancé just after Christmas and loved it. We'll be coming back in summer and plan on staying here again. Great service. Had complimentary room upgrade upon checking which is always appreciated. Room was nice and big, especially the bathroom which was huge with separate large shower and comfy tub. The free cookies and hot apple cider were very useful when walking around in the chilly weather. We didn't try the breakfast as we like to sleep late, but really enjoyed all the other amneties, including the infrared spa which is open all night.

Room Tip: Try to ask for room facing the Parliament building
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed with Magnolia Hotel and Spa twice, and have immensely enjoyed my stay both times. The service is top-notch - they make you feel like a valued visitor. This is a boutique hotel with excellent size rooms. There was an apple and bottled water waiting in the room upon check-in. The bath amenities are from Aveda and the bed is comfortable. One of my favourite things in the room is the fireplace. There is a continental breakfast in the hotel each morning, included with the room rate. In the afternoon, the lobby has some cookies and apple cider and tea - another nice added touch. Magnolia Hotel has impressed me and I hope they continue the great job they do.

Stayed December 2013
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Magnolia is in a great location. We walked everywhere we wanted to go. We were able to get a tour to Butchart Gardens a block away. Great value. The room was quiet and immaculate. The bathroom was spacious and had a thb and shower.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Surrey
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I spent a night here last week and had a pleasant stay. The hotel is very centrally located and has a Victorian feel to it to match the city. I really appreciated the individual wifi connections per room. Many hotels don't understand how important it is to keep technology up to date for my generation of guests but Magnolia has definitely caught on. My only complaint is that they didn't have a self serve parking facility, only a Valet service which costs $24. I think that's way too expensive in Victoria. I've stayed at hotels that have had less than $10 parking fees with complimentary valet in the downtown vicinity. Street parking outside was free overnight though so we made do but I still recommend the hotel either do something about parking facility or charge a more reasonable price for their valet service. Another disappointment was that we had called down to Guest Services with a question and the operator didn't call us back despite promising that he will within 5-10 min. It might have been a one-off kind of mistake so I didn't take it too personally..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Andy K,

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking the time to share your review online.

I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and particularly appreciate the great feedback on the newly installed Wireless networks. We installed individual 15 mbs wireless networks in each guest room several months back and I'm thrilled to hear the service was up to your satisfaction.

I would like to apologize for the service hick-ups in the front office. It is disappointing to hear that the desk team did not reply to you. This is not to our usual exceptional service standards, and I am truly sorry for this shortcoming in your stay. I have reached out personally via private message and hope we can be in touch further.

Lastly, I am sorry to hear you found the parking fees more than expected. The hotel is located right in the heart of the downtown business and shopping district and our valet service offers 24-hour access in our secure parkade. We do monitor the parking rates among the 4-Diamond hotels downtown and set our parking rates within the range of these other properties.

Thank you again for your visit with us,
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon,

Best Wishes,

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Email: gm@magnoliahotel.com
Direct Tel: 250 412 8480
Anacortes
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The Magnolia Hotel is located in the heart of Victoria, just blocks from the waterfront with plenty of excellent restaurant choices within walking distance of the hotel. (We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Fiamo, a nearby Italian restaurant, which the Hotel included in its recommendations.) Our corner room was superb; big, tastefully decorated, very comfortable, and nice views towards the water and surrounding city. The staff was very friendly and efficient. At check-in, the front desk person who assisted us took the time to orient us to a map of the nearby neighborhood and make several restaurant recommendations. The valets were very efficient and friendly. The lobby was beautifully decorated for Christmas, and coffee, tea and cookies were always available, which was a welcome treat as we came and went on a cold December evening. On Sunday morning the lobby fireplace was lit, and a pianist was playing Christmas carols on the lobby piano. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Magnolia Hotel. We plan to stay there again and would certainly recommend it to others.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Curtis,

Thank you for the lovely comments about the hotel over the Christmas season.
I truly appreciate your taking the time to share this online.

Our team really enjoys the Christmas season, with the dressed up lobby and special touches like cookies, cider and the pianist all making our lobby very festive at this time of year.

Thanks again for the kind feedback,
We hope to welcome you back again with us.

If I can be of personal service at any time, please let me know.

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Email: gm@magnoliahotel.com
Direct Tel: 250 412 8480
glassviolin
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This is a small boutique hotel in downtown victoria. It's off the main strip (douglas street), which is good -easier to get to by car, away from traffic noise, etc.
Everyone there was super friendly and unpretentious -from the front desk people, to the bell-boy, to the breakfast staff.
Speaking of breakfast, their complimentary continental breakfast is better then most. Good selection of yogurts, cereals, fruit, pastries, oatmeal, waffles, hard-boiled eggs, and juices.
My room (404) was not supposed to have a view as it was in the cheaper rate category on a lower floor....yet I had quite a beautiful view of the parliament buildings as well as a glimpse of the water! The room was very clean, modern yet elegant, and veeeerrrrryyy comfortable. I debated stealing one of their magnificent pillows but decided its enormous size would just be too tricky. Also there's more than just the basic channels on the tv. The bathroom had a separate shower from the tub, which was excellent. The toiletries (of which I took all) were from aveda....posh.
One evening I was sitting next to the fireplace in the lobby drinking my hot toddy, and the bell boy brought me a gingerbread cookie to go with it. Nice touch.
Excellent hotel....would definitely stay there again. The only down sides are they don't have their own pool and I would have liked the option of room service breakfast even if was just cold cereal and fruit.
But all in all, excellent hotel!

Room Tip: Ask to have a room facing broad street (it faces the ocean and the parliament buildings which are ni...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Upon booking our short stay at the Magnolia, we advised them that it was our one year wedding anniversary. At check in, we were upgraded to a corner suite with a view of the parliament buildings (nicely lit up with Christmas lights) and given a box of chocolates. On our second night there, the staff set up our room with a bottle of champagne. We were pleasantly surprised at how the staff at this hotel went above and beyond to make our anniversary special.

The location of this hotel is great as it it is right downtown close to shopping, restaurants and the harbor. The continental breakfast is very filling with lots of options (more than your usual muffins and coffee). The hotel also served apple cider and cookies in the evening on the Saturday night. The hotel is on the smaller, older side, but the rooms are nicely renovated and the bed was very comfortable.

Absolutely no complaints about this hotel. Will 100% be staying there again.