“Excellent, conveniently loated hotel”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights. The room was lovely. Check-in was easy. You either valet park or park on the street and feed the meter all day. The bed was really confortable and the view was not bad from our room on the 7th floor. It is a very quiet hotel and feels like a private club with wood paneled walls. It is super convenient to everything you might want to see in downtown Victoria.

Continental Breakfast was included and quite good.

This hotel is a block or 2 from the Empress. Easy to find.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Hotel Magnolia was a pleasant surprise... A small hotel located just a couple of blocks from Victoria's famous Inner Harbour. Sumptuous room decor, marble bathrooms, skin-caressing bathrobes, complementary fruit and bottled water, and of course chocolates. PLUS complimentary Wi-Fi and continental breakfast in a lovely restaurant! What more could you want? Oh, yes ... A fabulous Spa on-property (we had a wonderful couples massage) and a fitness center. To top it off, there was live piano music in the lobby Saturday morning. AND the rates were quite reasonable. We will definitely return to this gem of a property.

• Stayed: May 2013
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear R W,

Thank you so much for your glowing review about our "Glittering Gem" of a hotel.
We are truly flattered by your kind words, and are pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of your recent visit.

If I can be of personal assistance at any time, please contact me at gm@magnoliahotel.com

Reviewed May 7, 2013

First time here and only stayed one night off a cruise ship. Have stayed many times at the Empress Hotel on the Entree Gold floor which is better for the food, appetizers, and honor bar BUT Magnolia was a much easier and quicker check in, easier to park the car and much less crowded. Only 2 blocks behind Empress. Room was clean and spacious, bed was wonderful etcetc.
I think I have found my new hotel when in Victoria.

Room Tip: Took cheapest room and it was great. Room 503.
1  Thank Golferboy18
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thanks for the lovely feedback Golferboy,

I truly appreciate your giving us a try over the iconic Fairmont, and am glad we'll see you back again. On behalf of our entire team, I extend my sincere thanks for the kind review!

Please let me know however I may be of personal assistance in booking any return trips to our Capital city. My direct email is gm@magnoliahotel.com.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I made a quick getaway to Victoria at the end of March to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. We were able to walk to the Magnolia from the ferry terminal. The check-in was quick and easy, and when I mentioned that we were there for our anniversary, a delicious sample box of chocolates magically appeared in our room. What a lovely surprise. The front desk was very attentive in giving us directions to various local sites and restaurants. The price was right, the service impeccable, the room light, bright and sparkling clean....we would definitely recommend this lovely boutique hotel and plan to return again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

BJB,

Thank you so much for spending such a special occasion with The Magnolia, and for sharing your lovely feedback following your stay!

We are all thrilled that you enjoyed the local Rogers chocolates, as well as the service, the room and the location, in what sounds like a lovely stay with us!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your review!

If I can be of personal assistance at any time please contact me at gm@magnoliahotel.com

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My Husband and I were going on our honeymoon a few weeks after our wedding, but we wanted to get away for a few days. They have a great deal on their website where if you pay upfront 30 days in advance, you get 30% off. They were running a great sale during boxing week last year too for all dates in 2013, so we booked another stay for Christmas this year. The location is perfect, very central to everything. The parking was great, though it is limited. It's great that it's complimentary. Our room was great, and had an awesome view of the Empress, and the Government Building. It's a lot more expensive than we normally would pay, but it's much less than the Empress. I think we plan to stay there in the Winter though when we go, since the walk isn't as far in the terrible weather.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Katie L,

Thank you for your review of your Mini-Honeymoon Getaway!

We truly appreciate your choosing our hotel for your special occasion and sincerely hope we see you again this winter.

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed the lovely view of the harbour and Victoria Legislative buildings from our Signature Corner Rooms.

If I can be of personal assistance in booking a return stay at any time, please let me know at gm@magnoliahotel.com

Thank you again for taking the time to share your lovely feedback, and congratulations again on our recent wedding!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Overall a good place to stay, location is good- hard to go wrong with most locations as city is small. Nice but wouldn't say it looks exactly like the website pictures etc. Good breakfast included- lots to eat and very good coffee. Hard to go wrong and would definitely recommend. Only issue was checking out they said I took something from mini-bar. When I told the person checking me out that I didn't he said he would take care of it- sure enough found three dollar charge on my credit card. He also seemed to think I was just saying this etc- never apologized etc- be on the lookout for mini- bar charges.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AustrianGruner
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Gatorbait,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at The Magnolia Hotel & Spa.
We appreciate your business, and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback following your visit.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies for any erroneous mini bar charges, and any concern this caused. I have sent a private message to you and would like to ensure this is corrected to your full satisfaction.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit particularly the breakfast and location, and our entire team appreciates this kind feedback.

I hope we can be in touch further to ensure this mini bar issue is addressed and resolved.

Thank you again for your feedback and your business with us,

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The location is central so once the valet has taken your vehicle, you won't need it again until you check out. Lovely rooms ~ tastefully decorated, clean and quiet. We had a view of the harbour and enjoyed watching the sea planes come and go. Staff are always pleasant. The complimentary breakfast served in the restaurant each morning has a good variety. The hotel also has a spa which I was able to enjoy.

Room Tip: Best to pay the extra for a harbour view room.
1  Thank familytravellerz