“Pure Excellence”

Magnolia Hotel And Spa
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We (couple) came up from the U.S. for a couple of nights, and were looking to stay in a fairly nice location. The Magnolia had a deal going on for some of their recently redone rooms - and considering what we got for the price, I'd say it was a steal. The rooms are immaculately well-designed, and the amenities are excellent. Not to mention the beds were beyond comfortable, and we had a view over downtown all the way to the bay. The front desk staff were extremely kind and helpful, and detailed a bunch of exciting things to do in Victoria during our stay. The breakfast was delicious as well. Honestly, I have no complaints whatsoever about this place. My only regret is that we didn't have the time to get some spa treatment next door - I would recommend treating yourself if you stay here! But the hotel is a pretty nice treat itself.

Room Tip: The refresh deal going on has rooms for about 50 dollars cheaper than normal - a great value!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MountainTopSeaFloor
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear "MountainTopSeaFloor",

Thanks you so much for the kind review following your recent visit with us.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our Introductory offer to experience our newly renovated "refreshed" rooms. We are very pleased with the new product, and it is rewarding to hear your great feedback.

I do hope your next visit can include a Spa Magnolia treatment as well,

Best Wishes,

Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here back in March. Have to say you can't get a better location. Right from when we checked in literally every staff member we encountered was friendly and courteous. The rooms were nice and clean. It was nice that breakfast was included but it wasn't anything special. Either way great place to stay, highly recommended and there are apples everywhere!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed in Victoria after a few days in Seattle. We took the ferry over which arrived in the morning, and the Magnolia staff were able to honour our early check in request. The hotel is nice and clean. We had a suite which was a great size and had good seating area for relaxing. Nice view of the Parliament buildings from our corner room. The attached restaurant was closed so we did not get a chance to try it. But there are lots of great restaurants close by so we had a great visit. Would definitely come back.

Room Tip: Pick a suite ... lots of room and nice views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear T K,

Thank you for your recent visit with us at The Magnolia. We appreciate the kind feedback about your visit.

I am pleased that we were able to accommodate your early check in request following your ferry ride from Seattle. I'm glad also your view was enjoyed from the corner rooms, offering exceptional views of the Victoria Harbour.

You'll be pleased to know that our new restaurant, Catalano Restaurant & Cicchetti Bar, is now open at the hotel for lunch and dinner. We are thrilled with the addition of our new Mediterranean inspired menus and hope you can enjoy this on a future visit.

We hope to welcome you back again with us soon,

Best Wishes,

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights in early March 2013 -went to Victoria to see Leonard Cohen in concert It is very difficult to fault the Magnolia Their confirmation email got put into spam and then deleted by one of my email accounts , but their ' We look forward to seeing you soon ' email saved me lots of trouble ! On arrival I received a very warm and friendly reception , my room was extremely comfortable ,a superbly comfortable bed and fast wifi included Hotel is perfectly located right in the centre of town and fifteen minutes or so walk from my concert Handy shops and the occasional pub nearby Breakfast at the hotel was excellent , with good strong coffee ! Would have loved to go on a whalewatching trip but don't think they run very often in the winter , if at all If you go in the summer, whalewatching is at the harbour only two minutes walk away In short - I loved the Magnolia , and cannot recommend it too highly !

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We returned to Magnolia a second time and it was great. We had the corner suite on the 6th floor with a lovely view of the Legislature. It view was especially because at night with the lights all lit up. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel welcomed. Phillip who greeted us as we pulled up in our car was friendly and warm. Check in by Peter was efficient. The room seem recently refurbished; current looking. Deluxe continental buffet breakfast is included but go early. Food tends to run out fairly quickly. Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay and we would definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear 1483,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and giving us the opportunity to make up for your previous stay. It was our pleasure to have you back again, and our entire team appreciates the kind feedback.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our recently renovated rooms, and that Peter made a great first impression, leading to a wonderful visit.

I hope we see you back again soon with us,

If I can be of assistance in any way, please let me know.

All the best,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed in this beautiful hotel for 2nights in March. Hotel is located near by the harbor, restaurants and rest of attraction places. The room was renovated in nicely, view was great and there were two apples and chocolate leafs as a welcome gift; I thought it was very cute. They provide us the complimentary continental breakfast every morning and we got two chocolates and bottles of water upon each turn-down services. I had a facial at their spa and it was most relaxable facial I ever had!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stay in the beautiful Magnolia Hotel over a week ago. Let me start by saying that when I call to make the reservation I had the best experience in customer service. When I mentioned that we were celebrating our weeding anniversary, they upgraded our room. An what a beautiful room, we even found a gift in our room when we got there. Included a congratulation card a a box of chocolates! Thank you, thank you so much for a awesome weekend, even when it rain a lot, we were happy to return to such a warm and beautiful room. Great staff, great room service, awesome breakfast, etc.

Room Tip: 6th or 7th floor with the bay view!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria Q
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you Maria for your lovely feedback following your visit with us last week.

We truly appreciate your business, and for choosing The Magnolia to spend your Anniversary with. Our entire team takes pride in making special occasions spent with us a true lasting experience and memory, and your feedback is truly appreciated.

I am glad you enjoyed the local chocolates, and thank you for posting these lovely photos of the newly completed guest rooms.

We hope to see you back again with us at The Magnolia Hotel & Spa.

If I can be of personal assistance at any time, please contact me at gm@magnoliahotel.com or by phone at 250-412-8480,