“Customer Service”

Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Victoria
Maple Ridge BC
“Customer Service”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

It's amazing the customer service we have received from this hotel even though our stay isn't till April. The quick responses and peronal guestfolio offered say a lot about their values. We look forward to enjoying our anniversary in April 2012 and meeting the wonderful staff.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Philip W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
La Verne, California
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My wife and I are from So Cal, and absolutely love Victoria, BC. We have stayed at several different hotels in the city, and our favorite bar none is the Magnolia hotel, downtown.
It is in a perfect location for sightseeing, shopping and dining. Get a corner room if possible to enjoy magnificient views of the parliament building, particularly at night. A first class hotel with great service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ww11hort
Shoreman53
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I had another great stay at the magnolia. the staff are all very helpfull and always there when you need them. I booked this room on short notice and had no problems, the room was clean and ready when I arrived. I will definatley stay there agian.

Room Tip: upper floors have a great view of the inner harbour
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
delta , bc , canada
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Feb 4th thru Feb 6th , Our room was #606 a lovely corner room with an excellent view of the Parliament buildings and harbour.
We took advantage of the "ferry on Us" promotion that offers a $150.00 credit for the ferry & car from the mainland
The hotel offers a very nice complimentary continental breakfast each morning
The hotel offers a valet parking service with in & out priviledges 24 hours a day
The staff have a wonderful, professional & friendly attitute towards the guests... I would attribute this to excellent training from management..my compliments
I would recommend this hotel to friends ,family & business associates

Room Tip: we stayed in room #606 , it cost slightly more but worth the little extra
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank walter56
MagnoliaHotelGM, General Manager at Magnolia Hotel And Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Thanks for the great review Walter,
606 offers a pretty amazing view of the inner harbour and legislative buildings.
We're thrilled you enjoyed it and we able to take advantage of our "Ferry on Us" offer.

We hope to see you back again soon,

If I can be of personal assistance at any time, please contact me at any time.

Bill Lewis
The Magnolia Hotel & Spa
Victoria's Luxury Spa Boutique Hotel
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I have used the Magnolia for my business trips to Victoria on several occasions. I take my wife along on some of my trips to Vancouver Island and The Magnolia certainly helps to make these trips great! The rooms are ample, clean and tastefully decorated. The location of the hotel is excellent. Close to everything. Parking is not included with some package deals, but the street parking is free between 6 PM and 9 AM. With the breakfast "included" (which is of very good quality) the overall value is very good. Highly recommended...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
BC
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We haven't written a review in over two years, but we felt compelled to say something nice about Magnolia. From the moment we arrived on Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, everything was perfect. The staff were attentive and upbeat, the housekeepers were fun to chat with - and the nighttime chocolates were the best.

We went for the lowest price room, which did give us an alley view, but they had some availability so they upgraded us the next night at no charge to the fourth floor, where we had a very nice view of the Legislature and a little of the inner harbour.

We had our new puppy, and they couldn't have been more helpful.

The only inconvenience was the valet parking. I'm always forgetting stuff in the car, and because the parking is secured, one of the staff has to run down to fetch stuff out of the car.

But overall a great weekend, in spite of some rainy weather.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wr1
Comox, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I want to thank and congratulate the hotel and in particular your staff that took our reservation, greeted us at check-in and said goodbye at check-out. I made the reservation and just mentioned in passing the trip to Victoria was for my wife’s birthday. On arrival in our room was a lovely sampler box of Roger’s chocolates (which thankfully, she let me share!) and birthday card. Every time we met staff in the hallways or elevator the greeting was cheery and very welcoming.

On the Friday evening we enjoyed a ‘best ever’ dinner at Prime where the service was excellent and the ‘mac & cheese’ truly a surprisingly gourmet side dish.

The continental breakfast was well presented and exceeded expectations, the live lobby piano a delight! Our departure was efficient after a late checkout was granted and car retrieved, complete with bottled water.

Without hesitation I will encourage friends and business acquaintances to enjoy a stay at the Magnolia.

Room Tip: Harbour View
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Marty D
Wow! Marty -- Thank you ever so much for the wonderful feedback.
Your review was lovely to read with such great deatil, we cannot wait
to have you back to the hotel. The piano, the service, the breakfast, the "best" dinner
ever.....THANK YOU for the kind words on behalf of our entire team.

I also really appreciate the recommendation you left
on the hotel's Facebook page.

I have emailed my personal contact info to you, and hope we see you back soon.

Best Wishes,