“I'm a Birds of a Feather! The flock has landed on a pristine site!”

Birds of a Feather Ocean Lagoon Bed & Breakfast & Vacation Rental
Ranked #7 of 93 Victoria B&B and Inns
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“I'm a Birds of a Feather! The flock has landed on a pristine site!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The B and B, Birds of a Feather, is absolutely spectacular! My sweetie and myself celebrated our honeymoon at Birds of a Feather. We were in the honeymoon suite overlooking a bird sanctuary and the very first morning there was a sunrise that was the most spectacular I've ever seen. A pink Mt Baker with swans and Canada geese in the foreground with the most delicious pinks, purples and violets gracing the sky. The food was phenomenal...the amenities included, canoes, Kayaks, bikes and wonderful descriptions of the local areas of interest. We went out on the boat for a day and saw Orcas, Friday Harbor, eagles, goats and dined at a lovely marina on Pender Island. The Innkeeper, Dieter and his aTiffany, were helpful in every way...I loved Birds of a Feather and we'll be back to celebrate our anniversary!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but the honeymoon suite is "sweet" with a 270 degree view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rhonda S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed here twice now while attending studies in Victoria for 3 weeks. Both times I stayed in room number 2 and quite enjoyed it. The view is breath taking and there is a lovely shared upper deck in which to enjoy the views. The location, while far from downtown Victoria, was ideal for myself as it was walking distance to my school. It is close to public transportation, however. The B&B is close to a beach and many walking trails. The service was great, if there was anything I ever needed, it was brought to me. The rooms were very cozy and updated with a decent amount of space. I would definitely come back to stay here a third time!

Room Tip: I stayed in room #2 both times I have stayed here and have enjoyed it. It is in between the two othe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nancy G
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Just spent a few weeks staying here at the B&B. Wow! what a fabulous location views to the skyline of Victoria and snow topped mountains frame a perfect ever changing view of the lagoon and all the wonderful wildlife within.

Dieter is a wonderful host and we had the best time ever out on his boat watching orca and grey whales and being mesmerised by huge groups of noisy sea lions. We saw dozens of different bird species and charming otters too!

The breakfasts were of an extremely high standard always satisfying and interesting too, very yummy!

Loved spending time roaming around the Royal roads trails and woodland gardens which are all just a minutes walk from the B&B. We met some of the local dog walkers on our wanders all of whom were very informative and friendly .We even had one old timer treat us to a few delightful moments of hilarity as he serenaded us with his harmonica all the while his wee Chihuahua singing/howling to the music right there in the middle of one of the trails. Too special

Love this place and would highly recommend to anyone wanting a great place to stay, good food,
lovely views, and lots of interesting things to do within easy access.

Room Tip: Anywhere upstairs is great
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deborah B
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I had a lovely quiet weekend at Birds of a Feather B&B. I was in room 1 and overlooked the Esquimalt Lagoon Bird sanctuary. The Lagoon is freguented by numbers of geese, swans, blue herons and ducks and has a beautiful beach walk nearby. The geese bring their young to wash and drink in the small stream that empties into the Lagoon beside the B& B dock. The room is well equiped generally but also came with binoculars, scopes and a comfortable outside balconey for easy bird watching. Matt, the manager trainee provided terrific breakfasts while he and Dieter, the owner, were good company and full of helpful information.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KATHIE R
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We spent a lovely week here and stayed in room 1. It was beautifully quiet with an exceptional view of the lagoon. The room had everything we needed, with a sunny deck where we could sit and watch the multitude of wildlife. There was always someone on hand in case we needed anything and Matt, the trainee manager, was always friendly and helpful. The free use of bikes was also much appreciated. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Room 1 is the nicest room with the best view of the lagoon.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harriscoach
toronto
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I enjoyed my time at the B&B and will be back next year. I loved waking up to the ocean each morning - so relaxing. I was there for school (Royal Roads) and was able to study easily becuase there were no distractions. Dieter and Matt were great and always there to have a coffee and chat or act as my shrink (I was under a lot of stress while at school!) Great place. Book it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank trend_17
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed with Birds of a Feather for two weeks for a residency while I attended Royal Roads University. I booked the Honeymoon Suite and it was amazing. So cozy! There was a gas fireplace, closet, big four poster bed with an amazing mattress and feather pillow top, a perfect size little kitchenette so I could make coffee and have breakfast, and a wide screen TV with a ton of movie channels. The view was to die for with a room of all windows, and I made sure to have my blinds open to see the sunrise over the lagoon every morning, as well as the city lights across the water at night. There were geese and swans outside in the water and they even had a BBQ available for my use (I didn't end up having time to take advantage) There was a storm where the power went out in the neighborhood for an evening, however all that I saw was a brief flicker of lights before their generator turned on and I had full power (and I never heard any loud noise from it!). Anything I needed was a quick phone call or email away. They have really thought of everything:) I loved this place, and I will be returning for my next stay in 2014!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo