Birds of a Feather Ocean Lagoon Bed & Breakfast & Vacation Rental
Ranked #7 of 92 Victoria B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Paradise by the lagoon”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We spent a lovely week here and stayed in room 1. It was beautifully quiet with an exceptional view of the lagoon. The room had everything we needed, with a sunny deck where we could sit and watch the multitude of wildlife. There was always someone on hand in case we needed anything and Matt, the trainee manager, was always friendly and helpful. The free use of bikes was also much appreciated. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Room 1 is the nicest room with the best view of the lagoon.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harriscoach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
toronto
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I enjoyed my time at the B&B and will be back next year. I loved waking up to the ocean each morning - so relaxing. I was there for school (Royal Roads) and was able to study easily becuase there were no distractions. Dieter and Matt were great and always there to have a coffee and chat or act as my shrink (I was under a lot of stress while at school!) Great place. Book it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank trend_17
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed with Birds of a Feather for two weeks for a residency while I attended Royal Roads University. I booked the Honeymoon Suite and it was amazing. So cozy! There was a gas fireplace, closet, big four poster bed with an amazing mattress and feather pillow top, a perfect size little kitchenette so I could make coffee and have breakfast, and a wide screen TV with a ton of movie channels. The view was to die for with a room of all windows, and I made sure to have my blinds open to see the sunrise over the lagoon every morning, as well as the city lights across the water at night. There were geese and swans outside in the water and they even had a BBQ available for my use (I didn't end up having time to take advantage) There was a storm where the power went out in the neighborhood for an evening, however all that I saw was a brief flicker of lights before their generator turned on and I had full power (and I never heard any loud noise from it!). Anything I needed was a quick phone call or email away. They have really thought of everything:) I loved this place, and I will be returning for my next stay in 2014!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kimberly C
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed March 25, 2013

What a beautiful setting and a wonderful place to relax and rest. We enjoyed our stay in room #1, the honeymoon suite for our 1 year wedding anniversary. We enjoyed the comfort of the room, the friendly staff @ Birds of a Feather, the scenic views... Kayaking in the lagoon and out to the lighthouse was much fun - even in the rain! Thank-you. Breakfast was wonderful! Matt did an excellent job and was great company. Although a short stay for us, we feel relaxed and rejuvenated from our daily life at home & were blessed to be able to enjoy the beautiful views from this room. Thank you again very much!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LPicha
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Birds of a Feather for our elopement weekend. We took advantage of the elopement package that Birds of a Feather offers (best value we found of all the ones we looked at in Victoria, by the way) and booked an extra night as well. The entire visit was wonderful. We stayed in the Luxury Suite, which has a beautiful view of the water and all the amenities one could want. We enjoyed getting up each morning to see what birds and animals would be in the area and we were not disappointed. We saw otters on the dock, swans and geese in the water and a bald eagle perched in the tree across from our room. The breakfast that Dieter the proprietor prepared each morning was excellent, as was his company and conversation. He was very helpful in providing us with ideas as to what to see and do and restaurants to visit both in the Colwood area where the Bed and Breakfast is and in Victoria as well. Dieter also made the arrangements for our wedding ceremony, providing the marriage commissioner, (loved her!) and witnesses as well as suggesting areas on the property where the ceremony could take place. When the weather turned out to be awful, Dieter offered up his living room for the ceremony. All in all, a very enjoyable visit--- I so look forward to going back someday!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank BJB1978
Blind Bay
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed at the Birds of a Feather not only to enjoy a beautiful weekend but also to take the course on "How to Open your own B&B"! Dieter walked us through the process in a relaxed environment. He answered all our questions and helped us make the decision to open our own B&B in the Shuswap.
We loved the ocean view from our room and being this close to nature. The home cooked breakfast every morning were amazing! We never left the table without being full of sausages and eggs or blueberry pancakes.
Thank you Dieter for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at this b&b and were amazed at how well organized everything was. In addition, our room was perfect with windows all around, looking over the water. The bed was very comfortable and breakfast was delicious and served with a smile! Would stay here again in a heartbeat :)

• Stayed December 2012
Travelers also viewed these Victoria hotels
Hotel Grand Pacific
The Fairmont Empress
#20 of 49 in Victoria
Inn at Laurel Point
#11 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Birds of a Feather Ocean Lagoon Bed & Breakfast & Vacation Rental? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Birds of a Feather Ocean Lagoon Bed & Breakfast & Vacation Rental

Property: Birds of a Feather Ocean Lagoon Bed & Breakfast & Vacation Rental
Address: 206 Portsmouth Dr, Victoria, British Columbia V9C 1R9, Canada
Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Spa Suites
Ranked #7 of 92 B&Bs / Inns in Victoria
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Birds of a Feather Ocean Lagoon Bed & Breakfast & Vacation Rental 3.5*
Nature lover's nirvana on protected ocean front lagoon located on Victoria's west shore neighboring Fisgard Lighthouse and Hatley Park Historic site. Moderate year-round temperatures with a micro-climate that gives it the warmest winter temperatures anywhere in Canada! Hatley grounds include a castle, Japanese, Italian, and Rose gardens. Private dock, courtesy canoe, kayaks, peddle boat, and bicycles. Affordable luxury suites with cathedral ceilings, oceanfront terraces, kitchenettes, soaker tubs, gas fireplaces, widescreen TV. Completely rebuilt in 2006. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Birds of a Feather Ocean Lagoon Bed & Breakfast & Vacation Rental reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.