“Romantic Place to Stay!”

Humboldt House Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #10 of 91 Victoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 29, 2006

We had a great time at this romantic B & B. The staff also were great. We stayed in a room called Celebration which we highly recommend for special occassions such as anniversaries. In general, you would love this place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank junniye

Reviewed September 9, 2006

My husband and I visited Victoria for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Because we had never been before, I booked one night at the Humboldt and one night at another hotel for variety. In retrospect, we should have stayed both nights and beyond at the Humboldt. The Inn is absolutely beautiful. We stayed in the Edwards Room and it was amazing. The jacuzzi tub was a real treat. The fireplace was beyond romantic. And we were given homemade chocolates and champagne....yum! One of my favorite things about the room was the bed and bedding. It was so comfortable and the sheets and comforter were so incredibly soft, I wanted to take them home with me! The room was a steal compared to what we paid for the next night's room and included an amazing breakfast delivered in a basket to your room the next morning. The breakfast was made fresh by the host and it was gourmet yumminess. I had fresh fruit crepes and my husband had seafood crepes. The next night's hotel room was so impersonal and boring. We cannot wait to return to the Humboldt. What a treat and a great memory of our trip.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msterling
Reviewed August 24, 2006

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here and it was wonderful! The innkeepers were great and the room was really nice. There were many special touches like having breakfast in bed and a massage in our room in addition to the fireplace and jacuzzi tub. It was a perfect way to celebrate our anniversary. It is also located in a perfect location in Victoria. The sea and mountains make for very romantic and beautiful surroundings.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lmarie
Reviewed August 13, 2006

Our family of four (2 daughters 13 & 10) had a most pleasant stay at the Humboldt House B&B. The inn is perfectly situated in downtown Victoria; a short walk to almost everything, yet just far enough from the hubbub of the bay. The accommodations were very comfortable and afforded us our privacy, while the professional and friendly staff were available to see to our needs. A great deal of attention is given to small details both asthetic and practical which I think most travellers appreciate. Our breakfast was served to our suite and was 1st rate with many choices available. All of this at what I consider a very fair cost, especially in the height of the summer season. I would happily return for another stay and not hesitate to recommend the Humboldt House to others.
the Hochheisers, New Jersey

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank jayhoch
Reviewed August 11, 2006

This lovely B&B has been well described in other reviews. But I wondered why certain B&B's are recommended for romantic couples and less for seniors, and now I know. (Although I don't see where to enter that info in this review).
These rooms are beautiful but they do have some impediments for the romantic senior set. There was no shower, only a deep jacuzzi with a spray wand. It was difficult to get in and out of and I've never liked those Euro-type tub-showers anyway. The toilet is in a separate enclosed room 2 steps up. For those who get up at night, you could trip on the way to the loo. A romantic breakfast in bed is delivered, but if you don't fancy eating in bed, there is no regular height table to enjoy your meal at. They told us later that there's a patio available in fine weather but you would have to ask. So there you have the honest truth...if you want to celebrate your 50th anniversary in this "romantic" setting, you may have to settle for some inconveniences. (PS, it is walkable from the Harbor transportation but uphill, so a bit far if you are carrying luggage.)

3  Thank Minitasha
Reviewed August 1, 2006

Humbolt House B&B was by far the most amazing B&B I have ever stayed at. It was the most romantic, intimate place a couple could stay. The room was beautifull and the breakfest served through a two way box to have in the privacy of your own room was worth it alone, absolutely delicious. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

1  Thank penelpose
Reviewed July 30, 2006

We have stayed at Humbolt House B&B several times - most recently for our wedding night and honeymoon.
We can't say enough about this wonderful place. It is beautiful, well-maintained, and so peaceful. The service is outstanding. David and the staff always make us feel very welcome; they also provide us with the privacy and peace we crave. The breakfasts are delightful - always hot, tastefully presented, and scrumptious! Overall, this is our favourite place to escape from everyday life - a little piece of heaven where we can fully relax and enjoy each other. Chris and Ocean