“Our 2nd visit”

Ranked #10 of 92 Victoria B&B and Inns
Ed
“Our 2nd visit”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved it, will always come back...

We stayed Mikado room, very romantic (with a jacuzzi tub) but maybe a little dated.

Truffles and roses were a nice touch. Great breakfast, with four choices. Close to downtown and in a quiet area.

Awesome! Great job.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The hotel I had originally booked bungled my reservation. My parents were staying at the Humboldt, where I met them. When David learnt of my situation, he graciously found a way to accommodate me on very short notice. The rooms are spacious, the beds comfortable, and the breakfasts delicious. What impressed me the most was their helpfulness. They went out of their way to make our stay with them a special experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. All have tubs but not all have a stand up shower. I was able to get one w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sherwood Park, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great location. I loved having both a fireplace and jacuzzi tub in the room. Breakfast was wonderful. Our whole stay was very indulgent.

My only suggestion is an eco-friendly service, as we would've happily opted out of having maid service for our stay and reusing our towels as well as keeping the sheets until we left.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had spent a few days in Victoria at the Humboldt House for my husband's conference and it was a great experience.

The location is excellent to start off with -- incredibly close to downtown and a beautiful park with a petting zoo.

The house is gorgeous -- Victorian-style rooms with beautiful details. We loved ours and found it very clean and cozy. I can see it being the perfect place for honeymooners and couples. It was very quiet during the evening too, so we had restful sleeps.

We have a toddler and we felt so welcome the entire time by the Innkeeper, David, and his family. When we asked which room to book, we were recommended the Windsor Room for privacy and to avoid disrupting other guests. We were able to take a 'shortcut' through the office many times and schlep our stuff (oh, babies) back and forth from the parking (free parking in the back, I should mention!) to our room. There was never any attitude -- everyone was so kind, understanding and accommodating. Also, my husband needed an urgent work-related favour and the Innkeeper went above and beyond to help. If we needed anything, we felt comfortable to ask.

The food (we love food)... We were so delighted at the quality of the breakfasts. You have several choices and everything is homemade -- every component. Everything was fresh and delicious and delivered to the suite at the time requested. Little extras were added for our little one, which we appreciated. The Innkeeper is also a chocolatier and you are treated to two delicious truffles (with sparkling wine) when you arrive. We purchased a box to bring back home.

To summarize, we had a wonderful stay and would visit again. Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Feel free to ask Innkeeper for recommendations!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Humboldt House Bed and Breakfast served as our launching spot for our first trip to Victoria, BC. You are welcomed to your room with a split of champagne and a truffle for each traveler. The house is charming and David, owner and innkeeper, takes great pride in making sure that his guests are comfortable. Friendly staff as well. The breakfasts were served in our room, complete with fresh fruit and warm scones. David also owns Terrible Truffles, the source of those mouthwatering treats. There are limited number of rooms, which kept the place quiet and relaxing. Ideal spot for couples.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ladysmith, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

room comes with jacuzzi tub and a bottle of wine--excellent afternoon relax; great location-close to downtown but very quiet-choice of 4 breakfasts-ours were excellent-delivered in your room at your choice of time--sherry and treats in the library--when considering breakfast and other amenities, the price becomes more than reasonable--will definitely stay again

Room Tip: 2nd floor-has nice view from jacuzzi
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brian n n
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 23, 2013

David, the inn keeper, was exceptional. My wife and I had several pieces of heavy luggage and he was kind enough to heave them up the stairs for us. The breakfasts were great and the attention to detail....wonderful.
The home itself is lovely. Nicely appointed and that old Victorian charm stands out.
I would have rated this 5 stars except for the bed and the fireplace which I brought to David's attention upon checkout. Also there was no shower in our room, only a bath.
I would recommend this place to others for sure!

Room Tip: I had a room downstairs and it was at the back. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple