“A Victoria Treasure”

Humboldt House Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #10 of 92 Victoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed 3 nights here and it was such a pleasure. Breakfast is a special treat not only because it is so delicious but it's delivered directly to your room though a pass through. It was the perfect refuge from the city. Birds signing in the morning, soft sounds of church bells in a Japanese themed room. Such a different experience froom a hotel and we throughouly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Humboldt House Bed & Breakfast Inn

Reviewed March 10, 2012

The room was romantic and lovely (surprised at no shower, but the jacuzi tub was what we really wanted anyway...). The food was fantastic, and delivered via a dumbwaiter so no need to greet someone at the door for room service. Delicious and cozy. Since we eloped, the owners and other guests became our wittnesses and added to the impromtu wedding so beautifully. Will have to go back for anniversaries and other visits to Victoria. Love it!

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This was a great location as we were close to everything and enjoyed beautiful walks downtown. Our room was breathtaking and made this into the whole old Canada experience. The wood burning fireplace had the aromatic cedar wood to burn in it and relaxing in the jacuzzi tub made this an excellent place to unwind, relax and leave your stress behind. The breakfast was another experience and I still miss them. Beautiful breakfast which I won't go into detail and ruin the surprise. Discreet and great proprieter as he was always there when we needed something but otherwise invisible.
I would highly recommend this as a romantic getwaway or a place to unwind from the daily grind. I left my troubles behind in about 15 min. We were able to walk every where and only needed transportation to and from the airport. We were witnesses for a couple who had there wedding ceremony in the parlour - it was a beautiful place to do this.
I can't think of anything I would want different about my stay at Humboldt House.
Darlene P

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Darlene P
Reviewed January 9, 2012

My husband and I spent this past Christmas as guests at Humboldt house b&B and it exceeded our expectations. Our first time staying at Humboldt House, we decided to stay in the Gazebo room and it was just beautiful. The house was peaceful, festive and the hosts were warm and inviting. We felt at home and relaxed and loved the opportunity to have our own little cocoon with a comfy bed, crackling fireplace and jacuzzi tub. The idea of breakfast being passed into our room in a basket was perfect as we could lay in bed and wait for the little knock at the door...what a treat. You can select your breakfast the night before and choose the time you would like them to deliver it to your room. We loved just getting out of bed and eating in our pyjamas in the privacy of our room. We now consider this place our little get away and can't wait to return. I'm going back for mother's day with my daughter and some lady friends and would recommend it to anyone looking for a heavenly hideaway.

Room Tip: The Gazebo room was very spacious but we sneaked a peek into some of the other rooms and they all se...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2011

A devine retreat from modern day life. Ideally situated the Humboldt house is in the perfect location for both business and pleasure. The surroundings were luxurious and the breakfast divine. No need for awkward breakfast chat in a shared dining room, a delightful layered basket of delicious treats was privately delivered. In room jacuzzi tub, roaring fire and David's handmade truffles, it doesn't get much better. Quick walk to all the sights of Victoria. Go visit - you won't regret it!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We chose this location on our day of arrival on October 15th. David was very pleasant about not requiring a deposit when I told him we would be there in 2-4 hours. He gave us directions of where to get off the city bus/BC transit and it was a two block walk from there. The next day we rented a car from national car rental and we were able to return to the airport on the 17th for one day rental. It is easy walking through Beacon hill park to a paved path by the ocean front.

David let us view both available rooms on the top floor and we chose the Gazebo room. He was very patient with waiting for husband and wife to make a choice and even moved the TV into our room. The room is very comfortable with a nice bed and warm comforter. I was anticipating a separate shower in the private bathroom but it has only a toilet. The jetted tub is very nice and has a hand held shower head but I doubt is intended to be used as a shower. I felt like I was in an outdoor patio jacuzzi. Nice :). The fireplace was so neat to have real crackling firewood already to light. It got a little smokey in the room so be sure to crack the window as suggested. The wireless for our iPhone and iPad was a weak signal that required me to walk down the hallway to get connected. It worked pretty well after that dropping connection only once or twice.

The breakfast served in a basket through the door was well presented, warm, nice selection, great coffee and fun to feel like room service or a picnic in your room. :). Also we were able to park the rental car behind the B&B for free.

I really enjoyed our stay, David was very helpful and I would definitely recommend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Gazebo is spacious, bright, quite and cozy.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jill L
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Dave was a wonderful host. Very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the delicious breakfast delivered to our room. The location was convenient to restaurants, shopping and the lovely Victoria waterfront. We stayed in the Edward's Room. It was a little dark at night (or maybe our eyes are just getting old!).

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple