“WOW is all I can say!”

$102.26*
and up
Summer Whale Watching on Vancouver Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Leave the crowds behind on our custom made vessels specifically designed for comfort, speed and safety that carry only 12 privileged guests at a time. The rugged beauty of the West Coast is something that should be experienced with Victoria’s boutique whale watching company. The wildlife and limitless adventure that the Salish Sea has to offer is easily enjoyed when experienced in the comfort of our state-of-the-art vessels! Our knowledgeable crew ensure that each and every trip is an inspiring and educational experience.
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Thank you so much to Gordon today for such an amazing experience - you took us to see whales and boy did you deliver! You were in the right spot at the right time too. I would highly recommend going on a tour with these guys for sure!

3  Thank Amanda L
BCWhaleTours, Manager at BC Whale Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thanks for the review!! We are heaps glad you choose to come out with us and let Gordon show you his passion for this coast and the whales ~ Tom

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I had the pleasure of going on a whale watching tour. I have to admit I was very skeptical. However I'm so very happy that I went, if I had not gone I would have missed out on an amazing experience. I just want to say Thank you to Gordon and Charlotte they were our captain and co captain and they were knowledgeable and fun at the same time. It was amazing,don't miss out. I highly recommend.

2  Thank Wendy P

I love reading your comments!! it is always great to share such an experience with all of our guests. As you can imagine it is very addictive to interact with these animals daily, which is how we all began our careers in the industry. we hop the rest of your holiday was just as much fun ~ Tom

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Trip provides wet/survival suits
You go far out - a good half hour in a pontoon boat that seats 12 people. I thought it would have been good to get info about what we were seeing. Boat is loud so the guy couldn't talk over the engines. The is a bathroom on board but I can't imagine getting out of the suit to go!

Bring sunscreen - we all got a sun burn.

1  Thank cathyandcolleen
BCWhaleTours, Manager at BC Whale Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hi cathyandcolleen,

we are glad you came out with to see Orca in their natural habitat on the west coast with us. I am surprised to hear about your comment about the engines being loud, as they are Yamaha 4 stroke outboards and are rated as one of the most quietest marine engines on the market. Also, when the vessel is in the proximity of the whales the engines are turned off in order to remain as quiet and as unobtrusive as possible to ensure a positive encounter. Thanks again for coming out and we hope you enjoyed the rest of your time here in British Columbia as well!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had reservations for 10:00, and the boat left promptly with 10 people. The great thing about this company's boat is that there is enough seating inside and outside for up to 12 guests. The cabin was warm and comfortable; but when you decided to go out, you did not have to jockey for a seat. Our boat was captained by Jim who was so informative. My family group of six loved listening to his commentary. Then the best part: during our three-hour plus trip we saw about 20 Orcas from the J Pod, one within 10 ft. of the boat; sea lions, and even a bald eagle. It was a perfect experience - worth every penny.

2  Thank gafarmgirl623

Thanks for the review, gafarmgirl623! We are really glad you had such a fun time with the our vessel ~ BC LUNA! Jim Z is one of the most experienced captains in the industry and are grateful to have him as one of our guides. We hope the rest of your family holiday was just as much fun! ~ Tom

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We carried out a lot of research before our first Canadian adventure, making Victoria our last stop has definitely been an excellent finish to our holiday topped by a fantastic trip with bc whale tours this afternoon, just the best thing ever,,, from our first email to enquire, right through to arriving in Victoria and confirming a hotel pick up, the staff made our trip very simple to arrange and very special,,, captain Gordon was so knowledgeable and fascinating to listen to and we spent a magical and majestic time following a migratory pod of killer whales today, just out of this world to be (at one stage) only 10foot away as they came up for air!

I would have no hesitation recommending bc whale tours as a must, such a passionate team, giving their client the first class experience,,, at very reasonable rates too.

Thank you bc whale tours for giving me a special end to my special birthday holiday!

Terri and Gordon (uk)

1  Thank terri s
BCWhaleTours, Manager at BC Whale Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you Terri & Gordon for your kind words. When you have a passion for & simply love what you do then everything else comes so easily, which you experienced with us. I am glad you had such an amazing time discovering Canada & hope you come back for a visit soon ~ Tom