“Simply Epic”

and up
Summer Whale Watching on Vancouver Island
Ranked #3 of 107 Tours in Victoria
More attraction details
Owner description: Leave the crowds behind on our custom made vessels specifically designed for comfort, speed and safety that carry only 12 privileged guests at a time. The rugged beauty of the West Coast is something that should be experienced with Victoria’s boutique whale watching company. The wildlife and limitless adventure that the Salish Sea has to offer is easily enjoyed when experienced in the comfort of our state-of-the-art vessels! Our knowledgeable crew ensure that each and every trip is an inspiring and educational experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Victoria, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Simply Epic”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Just wanted to say a special thank you to Captain Gord and BC Whale Tours. As new residents of the city of Victoria, Melissa, Trinity and I wanted the experience of seeing whales and you delivered above our wildest expectations. Cpt Gord, was patient, helpful, and his experience piloting the vessel was fantastic. My daughter and I found the entrance and exit to the port super exciting too...it was a blast, a bit of water in the face and some big waves added to the experience of seeing our first wild Killer Whales. Huge thanks for making this experience truly epic and I'm sure we'll see you all again soon. Cheers

Visited May 2014
1 Thank TimothyWest
BCWhaleTours, Manager at BC Whale Tours, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thanks for your kind words, TimothyWest! Welcome to Victoria & we are very glad you enjoyed your trip out with Capt. Gord - he is a great experienced captain & simply loves what he does! We look forward to seeing you again soon!! ~ Tom

• Arabic first
Stafford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

What a lovely group of people, they love what they do and it shows! Our captain was Gordon and we were very lucky to get Claire to join us at the last minute, her knowledge of the whales is second to none. We were very lucky to see a group of transient whales, they put on an amazing show but Gordon never invaded their space and respected them and in return they were more than happy to swim along and interact with each other as we could sit back and watch, you wanted to pinch yourself as you couldn't believe what you were seeing. The orcas were simply stunning. So thank you and we recommend them, I know myself sometimes it's hard to choose who to use but after our experience I wouldn't hesitate to sail with them.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank D C
BCWhaleTours, Manager at BC Whale Tours, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thanks for the review D C!!! We are unbelievably lucky to have some of the most passionate crew members in the Industry. We are very blessed to have Claire & Gordon as part of our BC Whale Tours family and really glad you had such a wonderful west coast experience with us. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip here in Canada & hope to see you both again next time you are in this part of the world.
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Whale of a time”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

If you want an adventure then B.C. Whale watching tour is for you. My husband and I enjoyed the adventure with Captain Harold April 9 2014. Our trip took almost to Vancouver, and was most excited when we experienced multiple Orca sightings, and on the return trip we saw eagles and roughly 25 to 30 harbour seals enjoying the warmth of the sun. My husband who is not a swimmer was most comfortable and enjoyed the trip.

Thank you Captain Harold for sharing your passion and providing us with your knowledge during our tour.

Tom: Thank you for picking us up at the Laurel Point Inn.

PS Captain Harold: I am providing the tour information to my friends in Edmonton.

4 Thank C M
BCWhaleTours, Manager at BC Whale Tours, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thanks for the review, C M! Adventure is what we do & love to experience everyday! Not a problem about the pickup from the Laurel Point either ~ Tom
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“What a fab ' Good Friday'”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We can confidently say Harold went well beyond expectation to ensure we saw the whales. Travelling at exhilarating speeds and almost to vancouver ( over 200 Kms round trip) we saw the transient Orca whales. We saw 10 in total - truly magnificent. We would like to thank Harold and BC Whales tours. Absolutely brilliant.

1 Thank Merlot27
Thanks a heap for the time for writing a review, Merlot27! We love interacting with our beloved Orca whenever we can, so if we know where they are you can be sure we are going to make it there ;)

It was great meeting you both and hope to see you again when you are back on the Island ~ Tom
Delta, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!!!!!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

If I could give 10 stars I would!!! Capt Harold is very friendly and informative! We were visiting from CT & my cousin had arranged this surprise for my 10 yr old daughter. We had a great tour seeing all kinds of seals, eagles, sea otters and of course orca's. We got to follow k pod coming home! It was awesome! Capt Harold was just as excited as we were! I would definitely recommend this company and no other.

1 Thank Lisa R M M
BCWhaleTours, Manager at BC Whale Tours, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thanks for the review, Lisa R M M!! We are incredibly glad you choice us to surprise your 10yr old daughter with a west coast experience. It was great meeting you all, and glad you had enough batteries for the trip ;) When you back to the island make sure you come down to say hi ~ Tom