“Very fun time paddling with Nici. She is a great guide.”

Victoria Waterfront Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located in the best location to kayak Victoria's Outer Harbour ! Amazing Olympic Mountain vistas,seal colonies, blue herons, eagles, jellies, star fish and kelp forests are just around the headland from our shop. We offer several guided sea kayaking tours that range from an Inner Harbour paddle to a true West Coast paddling experience with a catered picnic on Cherry Beach. Enjoy the flavor of a local marina and paddle with us in Victoria's amazing ocean environment. Along with our kayaking tours we are now offering Victoria Sightseeing Tours. Join us in exploring the beaches west of Victoria as well as the unique markets close to the city. We also have a city tour with a kayaking tour combined. We look forward to exploring with you!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Bellingham, Washington
“Very fun time paddling with Nici. She is a great guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

Beautiful paddle in the Inner Harbour with great guidance and narration from Nici. Would definitely go again.

Visited January 2011
Nici0, Owner at Victoria Waterfront Tours, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
We really appreciate your feedback Jane!

Nici

Victoria, Canada
“Kayaking with Nici, owner VictoriaWaterfrontTours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

Several times I have been kayaking with Nici and each time has been an absolute pleasure. Nici’s qualifications, experience and outgoing personality provide a great kayaking experience. Kayaking with the owner of a company gives paddlers personalized attention. Whether you are a beginner, an experienced or an un-coordinated mature paddler,(as I am) your enjoyment, safety and comfort are Nici’s priorities. Small groups ensure everyone gets her attention.

San Francisco
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome and fun time in the waters of Victoria, BC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

My friend and I went with Nici for a tour of the Victoria Waterfront paddling out to sea side of the water. I saw kelp for the first time and jellyfish up close and personal. NIci was great at explaining things and very patient with us. I was constantly in a hurry to get somewhere while my friend was constantly taking pictures. Nici managed to keep us together and enjoying ourselves. The water was exceptionally calm and the skys blue. It was a great day for kayaking and I recommend this company highly.

Red Deer, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Memorable guided sea kayaking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

My husband and I decided out of the blue to try kayaking for the first time. We came across a gem called Victoria Waterfront Tours. It is well located with free parking. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the office and the quality of the equipment. Everything is reasonably priced. Our instructor and guide, Nici, was very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. She quickly put us at ease, teaching us the basics and making us feel safe and confident. The kayaks and the bay are easily accessible. Our guided tour was so enjoyable and scenic! We had such a positive pleasant experience, that we look forward to returning the next time we are in Victoria.

Victoria, Canada
“Great tour company from which to rent a kayak, take a tour, or take lessons.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

The tour company is located in a quiet harbour, opposite the busy downtown inner harbour. It is set in a residential area near a marina and has easy parking and easy access to the kayaks on the docks just steps away. It is easier to rent and kayak from this location than the inner harbour to get along the coast and out kayaking along some magnificent scenery including an island where seals and otters can be seen. I took a private tour with the owner, NIci and loved the confidence I got from her when the sea fog came in and the swells were higher than I was used to. The equipment was in excellent condition and though I have kayaked for over 15 years, Nici took the time to instruct me on the use of the equipment and the instruction was clear and concise. I went back twice more and took a paddle certification course which included a set of rescue skills which included a roll-over and escape. It was outside of my comfort zone to put myself in an upside position in open deep water, but Nici's instruction and guidance lead me to have confidence in myself and I accomplished the skills as did the other student. It was great fun and we learned some valuable kayaking skills. The instruction became more of an outing with friends than lessons. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot . Nici is friendly, exudes assurance and confidence and is well-skilled as an instructor and a guide. Ask her about the chili from the paddle-up restaurant at the Fisherman's Wharf when you see her!