“Excellent stay”

Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I booked this hotel because of an attractive price and convenient location but will return because of the excellent service and friendly atmosphere. To me it almost had the feel of a boutique hotel - small with staff who knew me immediately (I never had to give my room number at the desk) and the few requests that I had were dealt with pleasantly, efficiently, and expediently.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Eviscent,

Thank you very much for your glowing review. The benefit of being a small property is that we have the opportunity to really get to know our guests. We are very proud of our team here; they are usually the reason that our guests keep coming back and I am so happy to hear that they exceeded your expectations on your recent visit!

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The price you pay for this room matches the value you get. I didn't feel like I got a great value for what I paid, but I wasn't expecting a ton of extras given the low price. The room was clean, however it was a bit noisy because there wasn't a ton of insulation and we were situated in an area that had a lot of kids. However, if you are looking for a clean place with a pretty good location and aren't looking to pay much, then this hotel is a good option for you. My stay was just fine.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear GottaGetAway234,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. While it sounds like you enjoyed your stay, I'm sorry to hear you didn't feel like you got great value for money on this occasion. We strive to be the best value hotel in downtown Victoria. If you have any suggestions on how we could improve our services please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you again. If you find yourself in Victoria in the future I hope we can look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our kitchenette had room for our extra roll away bed. Pool is small but nice and warm. Special treat was the steam room! There was no traffic noise in 229 but we had a lot of movement noise from the room above (who tromps around their hotel room at all hours??) so I recommend getting a third floor room. Easy walking to the harbor, museum, and shopping.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kinwa,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Kitchenette Suites. I find that having a kitchenette always makes being away from home that much easier.

I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed the pool and steam room. We can't really complain about our winters in Victoria but there is nothing better than sitting in a steam room after walking around on a cold, rainy day is there?

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend from a Living Social deal. Customer service was top notch- everyone I talked to (on phone and at the front counter) which was the only reason I was able to overlook and not make a fuss about the odd sketchy hair (that wasn't mine) i found on the top blanket on my bed when crawling into bed.
Location was close enough to the touristy parts of town, kids liked having a pool, and it was nice having a fridge and microwave in the room. they even gave me a 25% off coupon for the restaurant but we didn't eat there- ordered a pizza instead and they delivered to my room door!
Glad I found this hotel, would return even if I didn't have another LivingSocial coupon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear JKido,

I would like to start by thanking you for your review. You mentioned that you stayed on the great LivingSocial deal we ran in October last year. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would stay with us again. We strive to be the best value hotel in downtown Victoria, so even without a LivingSocial coupon I'm sure we could help you pick out the perfect room for your family at a great rate!

Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Fine hotel in a good location. Easy access to many great restaurants in walking distance up Blanshard. Room was clean and good sized, but a tad noisy from the cars going by on the street. Steam room is great, but the pool was a bit dirty and the "exercise room" was strictly minimalist with just a bike and treadmill, and two 8 pound weights.

Room Tip: Street noise is a bit loud so a room away from the street side would be better
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rob B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. It's always great to hear from a senior reviewer! We hope we can look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This super hotel and staff made our recent stay in Victoria a 10 out of 10! The front staff, as well as the housekeeping staff, location, room, facilities, and underground parking were exceptional! We had a wonderful suite facing the inner courtyard which made for lovely quiet nights after having walked to the nearby sights of Victoria.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard are lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Oceanguide2013
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Oceanguide2013,

Thank you for your glowing review! I have passed your lovely comments on to our staff here. We're very proud of our wonderful team - I'm thrilled to hear they helped make your stay a 10 out of 10!

I see that you visited us from Nanaimo. We have so many regular Vancouver Island guests who have been coming to stay with us for years, it's been such a pleasure getting to know them. I hope we can become your hotel of choice when you make the trip down island!

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

We enjoyed our recent stay at the Quality Inn Victoria very much. Nice, large rooms, comfortable beds and many nice amenities, such as fridge, microwave and free wifi in the room all helped making the stay even better! Very friendly and helpful staff. Parking underground reasonably priced. All in all, a really good hotel at a reasonable pricelevel!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Anders J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. It's always great to hear from a Top Contributor such as yourself! I'm very happy to hear that your enjoyed your time in Victoria, and that our room amenities helped make your stay more comfortable.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again!