We stayed for 2 nights at this property, we travel to Victoria twice a year for quick getaways, dining and relaxing. We have been looking for a reasonable hotel without sacrificing quality and location for some time so we can always come back to. This is what happened when we came this time around-I do have pros and cons
- excellent location/ close to everything in the inner harbour (walking distance)
- most staff were very friendly and accommodating
-we got an excellent deal staying at the hotel for half the price (great value)
-were given complimentary parking/ wifi (was very slow)
- rooms were cleaned very well
- flat screen tv was an excellent touch with most cable channels you might need.
Overall for the value they did a great job.
- the room was very small, it was very tight for a couple to stay, we saw other rooms as we passed when there were cleaned and none of them was as small as ours, they were quite spacious and could move around. Maybe we were given that because of the deal we were given
- our room was quite on top of the pub, it was very noisy after 10pm, when the patrons who were quite drunk/ loud were lining up to the pub and leaving, we couldn't sleep until after 3am when it started to die down, it was quite the disappointment.
- the exterior seems well kept and so as other rooms seems well kept but ours was quite out dated, one examples was there was no closet door to the closet, it looked like it was a broomstick closet.
-I guess because it was quite small room and I was trying to keep the window closed to keep the noisy pub patrons into the room it got quite hot at night (the heater was at 0 degree) and was forced to wake up several times to open the window just so it get comfortable but again the noise was unbearable.
- we went for breakfast at the restaurant- the service was good, but the food wasn't great.
What keeps this hotel stand out is the location and service of the employees and like I said most of them were friendly.
Would I come back again, not sure-it will take a lot of convincing to my husband to come back, personally I didn't mind as long as I get a decent size room facing the courtyard instead=less noise (deal breaker).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Three-story Hotel located downtown Victoria. Two blocks from the Inner Harbour, tourist attractions, shopping, dining & theatres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour Hotel Victoria
- Quality Inn Victoria
- Victoria Quality Inn