“Nicely renovated rooms, close to everything”

Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in Victoria
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this property with our 3 year old and the rooms were clean and newly renovated. The beds were comfortable and the staff members were friendly. In future, if we are travelling with our child, we will request a room away from the pub. We did not hear noise coming from the inside, but when people were outside smoking and when the pub closed down, it was quite loud with people yelling and hanging around. Other than that, we were happy with the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with children, ask for a room away from the pub.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jacks1010
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Jacks 1010

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I was happy to see that you appreciated all the changes we have done over the past year from the new beds, 42”LCD TVs and bedding, we have been working very hard to make sure our guests have as comfortable stays as possible.

We would also like to thank you for pointing out the friendliness of the staff I am very proud of them and they do make our guests feel welcome.

I do apologize for the noise you experienced from the pub, we are working on a solution and as a rule we try not to rent the rooms above the pub in the winter as it is their busy time in the summer it is not so much of an issue.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed several nights beginning Jan. 1st, 2013. First, this hotel has an EXCELLENT location only a couple of blocks from the harbor, close to fine and casual dining, the Govt. house, and the Empress Hotel (worth a visit for sure) are a short walk away, as well as the Provincial Museum. Second, the front counter staff was very helpful and courteous. Third, the housekeeping staff did a fine job and my room was very clean. The room came with nice soaps, shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, ect. I stayed alone (female) and felt very safe in the hotel and neighborhood. It feels like a family hotel, although I saw no children I did hear a few in the hall in the early evenings. The room was not newly renovated, I consider it average. It had a fine bed that I found comfortable (pillow top mattress). I want to express again that the room was very clean!

Room Tip: 2nd floor above the street level is quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Franko360
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Franco360

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor we do appreciate your opinion as you are a Senior Reviewer.

Cleanliness is with out question the most important issue for any hotel and our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure that every room is clean and comfortable.

I see you enjoyed the new pillow top beds we put in this year and we have done many other upgrades like the 42 inch LCD TVs with real HD programming, the IPod/IPhone clock radios, single brew coffee makers and microwaves are now installed in all of our rooms except a few on the second floor.

We are happy that you found our location very convenient as many of our guests do it is nice to park the car and have most of what Victoria has to offer within a few blocks of the hotel.

Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for two nights in December. Second floor room faced an inner courtyard which provided a peaceful quiet night on the first night. Room was clean with two queen size beds. Bathroom was a little dark but was fine otherwise. Second night -Mayan Apocolypse nught had has up for quite a while with some partiers. Young girls, what is with the drunken crying in the hallway on your cell phones... Do you really need someone to tell you to go to bed...The management did apologize for the noise, Would recommend this hotel. Its location is central to all the downtown Victoria venues as well as central to Royal Jubilee abd the Cancer Clinic.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear kydler,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.
We do appreciate your comments.

I am glad you had a good stay with us despite the young girls, we do try very hard to keep a handle on that type of situation and yes sometimes you have to tell a person to go to bed.

I am happy that you see the value here we have done many upgrades this past year with even more to come this year without raising our rates. We all work hard to earn a living and I certainly understand how important it is to get good value for the money we spend.

We do get many visitors from the Island that come down for medical reasons and they express the same thing you have about the location being ideal to get to appointments and we do offer a special rate for those coming down for medical appointments.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope to host you in the future.

Quality Inn Downtown Inner-Harbour Victoria

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Completely renovated, spotless, new manager who loves his job, knowledgeable staff AND WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF THE QUAINT LITTLE DOWNTOWN OF VICTORIA !! I felt very safe at all times and am looking forward to revisiting this hotel and Victoria. I Max Theatre, political bldgs, truck parade during christmas, the water front all lit up, One morning I walked to Starbucks and had brunch on their patio with our coats on of course.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank scott b
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear scott b

Thank you for taking the time to review our “Quaint Little Hotel in the Heart of Downtown Victoria” we are very happy that you had such a great visit to our city and your stay with us.

I do love what I do; being in the hospitality industry for over 25 years from hotels and resorts to cruise ships the one thing that always makes me fell good about it is comments like yours and the staff here which combined adds up to over 125 years experience in the hospitality industry appreciate it also.

I was very happy to see that you really noticed the changes we have made here though we have not totally renovated we have made many upgrades to make sure we are exceeding the needs of our guests so that they have a great stay with us in a clean well appointed room with all the modern amenities like 42 inch LCD TVs with real HD programming, Iphone/Ipod clock radios, microwaves and new beds.

Location, Location, Location; Just outside our doors you have walking access to all the things you mentioned as well as shopping, Inner Harbour and about fifty restaurants.

Thank you again for your review of our hotel and city and we look forward to your next visit to Victoria

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here one night in December. The staff was pretty friendly, but the hotel was clean and the location is ideal. Plus, the rooms are big. More than enough room to spread out. There wasn't any noise outside and the other guests weren't too rowdy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear jbuhler,

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you had a good stay with us and you appreciated all the hard work that our housekeeping staffs does to make sure that you had a clean comfortable room. Our rooms are large and we have received many great comments on them.

Our location is ideal, we are close to everything, with out being right on the main road. We have many guests that arrive here park their car in the underground parking and don’t use their car again until they are leaving. Many of Victoria’s main attractions are within walking distance as well as restaurants, shopping and parks.

I am curious with your comment about the staff being pretty friendly and the only reason I say that is most comments I get about the hotel are about the friendliness of the staff. If there is something that you would like to discuss in more depth please do not hesitate contacting me directly.

Our number one priority here is our guests and we believe you do that by having a friendly helpful staff, clean well appointed rooms and a location that is ideal for visiting Victoria.

Once again thank you for your comments they are important, we look forward to your next visit to Victoria.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

We came here for a weekend, 3 people. In short, it was very pleasant.

The staff was courteous and helpful, the room itself was clean. We also got a 50% discount off dinner or breakfast at the hotel restaurant. We did breakfast, and seriously, it was good!

My only issue was the mattress was too soft for someone with a bad back. My guess is all rooms have the same type of mattress but if you share this physical condition, try and see if you can get a firmer mattress.

And ask for that 50% discount coupon if they didn't offer it.

For price? Very reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Happy_stomach,

Thank you for your review it is always a pleasure to see them when they come in from Senior Contributors like yourself.

I agree with you the team here are very helpful and courteous and we recive many great comments about them, I have passed your comments onto them and they all really enjoy hearing they are doing a good job.

I have also passed on your comments onto the staff and management of the Argyle Attic where you had your breakfast, and I agree with you I eat there 3 to 4 times a week and they do a great job.

I was sorry to hear that our beds were to soft we just put them in new at the beginning of the year they are pillow top Sealy and I guess if you are use to a hard mattress as I am they may seem a little soft though I have slept on these ones and did not have an issue I can understand if you have a more serious back issue you may find them a little soft. But it does bring up a good point and I am looking into what we can do for our guests like you that may need a firmer mattress. And by the time you come to visit us again we may have a solution.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

My room was beautiful - it was big, bright and had lots of windows.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.

But my favourite part of this hotel was the food at the hotel pub (Argyle Attic). Simply amazing!! It is local food, extremely fresh and delicious. I ate there the first night because I received a 50% off coupon with my hotel stay, but I returned the second night because I was so impressed. Definitely plan to eat at the Argyle Attic if you stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Nicole_ca,

Than you for your comments here on Trip Advisor it is always good to get reviews from contributors like yourself.

We do have big rooms and it sounds to me like you may have had one of out corner rooms as they have windows on 2 side that do make the rooms super bright.

I have passed on your comments and my congratulations onto the staff and management of the Argyle Attic and Smiths Pub I do get the opportunity to eat there often and they do have a good spin on pub and Canadian food.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope we get the chance to host you again in the future..