Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour
$261
$245
$230
  • Pool
Chateau Victoria Hotel and Suites(Victoria)
$264
$192
$180
$214
  • Pool
All reviewsgreat locationroyal theatresteam roomsecure parkinginner courtyardwithin walking distancefew blockssmall fridgeclean roomswould definitely stay here againfront desk staffcoffee makernice stayempress hotelchecking outper daycentral location
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Great comfy beds. Lots of space in the rooms. Big telly was great to catch some of the Olympics. Loved the convenience of the microwave and frig. Would recommend to friends and family....And the steam room was wonderful for getting the aches out after a long trip.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are quieter, but the street view is fun. And rooms with microwave and frig are worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

It is always great to get such a nice review from Senior Reviewers like your self; your comments go a long way with the staff and me. Glad to see you enjoyed your room. Just to let you know that all of our rooms now have Fridges and most have the new microwaves and we will be completing the last of the microwaves this month.

I am also happy you had an opportunity to use the steam room to relax and unwind.

Once again thank you and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My trips to Victoria are of a medical reason. It is no fun to pay high summer rates when the visit to Victoria is not as a tourist. Over the years I have tried many different Hotels in Victoria and what i have noticed that at the Quality In the staff really listens and accommodate anything they can do to make the stay better. Laura the front manager is excellent.
The rooms are clean and the beds very comfy.
For a tourist the hotel is at the right spot and you can do downtown on your feet and leave the car behind.

Room Tip: ask for the upgraded rooms
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Sorry your trip to Victoria was not for pleasure and we hope all is well with you.
I was very pleased that you mentioned how accommodating the staffs were on your visit.

We do have a fair number of guests that stay with us for the same reason you did so our staff is very aware of the extra attention and compassion needed to make our guests fell as comfortable as possible and the new beds help as well.

I have passed on your comments to the staff and have also commented to Laura on a job well done.

And we hope the next time you visit it will be for pleasure.

Once again thank you,

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our one-night stay was great - the beds were very comfortable and the room was fairly clean, and quiet in which to fall asleep. The person upstairs woke up very early though which woke up someone in our party at 5:30 a.m. - walking back and forth, lots of floor creaking. Perhaps repair above 221 would put things right! Staff were welcoming and helpful. Underground parking. Good hearty breakfast. Great price for downtown Victoria.

Room Tip: Inner courtyard best as no street noise from Blanshard and Courtney.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise A

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor and I see you are a Senior Reviewer and your comments are very important to us.

I have had our maintenance department look into the creaking floor above 221 and we are now looking into the best possible way to fix and will have it repaired soon.

I have passed on your comments to the staff of the hotel and restaurant as they like to hear they have done a great job also.

Once again thank you,

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I usually stay at the Regent, but was booking last minute, and could not get in there. After some online searching, I found this hotel, looked decent online, and went with it. I had never stayed at a Quality before, so I did not know what to expect. I was quite pleasantly surprised, a decent sized, nice clean room with flat screen TV, great location, and reasonably priced, as well. You can tell it's quite an old building (especially the elevator!) that has been spruced up, but a decent place to stay. The only downside was I looked to go for breakfast at the restaurant around the corner, as I received a half off coupon, and it wasn't open at 7, as stated. But, there is no shortage of places to go, and that's not the fault of the hotel. Oh, can't forget, very friendly and helpful staff, too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Jamie L, General Manager at Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear John M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on Trip Advisor and for giving us an opportunity to host you here at the hotel.

We are happy to see that you were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and the rooms we have done many upgrades in the past few months including new beds, 42 inch LCD tvs, Iphone/Ipod docking clock radios, microwaves, single pod coffee makers and duvets.

I have also passed your comments on to housekeeping about the cleanliness of the rooms they work very hard and great comments go a long way to make them fell good about how hard they work to keep the rooms looking spotless.

I have also talked to the restaurant manager about the restaurant not being opened on time and you are entitled to a free breakfast the next time you come and stay with us.

Our elevator is a little on the slow side and there are plans to replace it in the future.

The staff would also like to thank you for the comments you left about them they are a very friendly and helpful bunch.

Quality Inn Downtown Inner Harbour Victoria

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here for three nights with my wife and 10 month old son. We had a great overall experience. The location is fantastic - very walkable to the harbor and many restaurants and activities. The staff was friendly and helpful - there was some confusion about hotel parking and we received a parking ticket - they took care of it without any trouble. The room layout is great - my son could sleep in his pack and play in the other room while my wife and I were able to spend time in the main room without disturbing him. The kitchenette was fully stocked - unfortunately the coffee maker was the single brew pod type which didn't work with the coffee we brought, but not a big deal - the coffee in the lobby was good.

One fairly significant issue was the cleanliness of the room and especially the dishes. When we arrived the table in the main room was dirty - it had leftover crumbs on it. One of the stir sticks in the coffee area had a SpongeBob Squarepants paper cutout stuck through it, likely from the previous occupants. The dishes stacked in the cabinet were actually wet, and one glass had lipstick on the edge. We washed all dishes we used ourselves. The rest of the room was clean so this could be corrected fairly easily.

We'd certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Having a one bedroom suite is nice when traveling with a small child.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family